One TPMS out - no reading

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
You seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this topic as I have seen you reply on several thread, but nothing that directly addresses the issue I am having. Since this is my first wrangler I am really in the dark on this and thinking you/ someone may be able to shed some light.

I got a flat the other day and I switched that tire with the factory mounted spare. I mounted the flat back in the spare position after plugging the screw hole and inflated it back up to see if the repair held. After a couple days of monitoring PSI she looks good. Now, I have a dash light for low pressure in the rear passenger, where I had the flat (happens to be where I put the spare). I know the pressure is right because I have checked it several times. The dealer told me I have the warning message because the system is still picking up the PSI from the original tire that is mounted in the spare position, but that makes no sense to me. Called a tire shop and they told me its because the spare doesn't have a sensor in it to read PSI so the computer is registering the last known number. Any information would be great, just trying to learn.

Same issue, I suspected what the dealer said to you and took the tire with the bad reading off the jeep so that it is not sensed at all and see if it will "unpair" that wheel and see the wheel that was in the spare position and is now installed. WIll find out if it works on the road tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue, I suspected what the dealer said to you and took the tire with the bad reading off the jeep so that it is not sensed at all and see if it will "unpair" that wheel and see the wheel that was in the spare position and is now installed. WIll find out if it works on the road tomorrow.
I rotate mine next week and will see if the problem child follows. Driver rear goes in and out and not passenger front. The dealer can't get a reading from any of them but they work 90% of the time in the dash.

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I replaced the ties with 35's a long time ago, rotated then at least twice, then had a flat. Mechanic said rim leak and took it off and cleaned it out. Now my TPMS reads 47 no matter what! Actual is 33... wtf. Unfortunately a cheapie garage as it was the only one open on Sunday so likely take it back to them. anyone else ever have this happen?

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rotated tires and the tech said "reset the TPMS" whatever that means and it the issue didn't seem to follow however they could have just stuck the bad one on the rear you never know about those sneaky techs.

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the ties with 35's a long time ago, rotated then at least twice, then had a flat. Mechanic said rim leak and took it off and cleaned it out. Now my TPMS reads 47 no matter what! Actual is 33... wtf. Unfortunately a cheapie garage as it was the only one open on Sunday so likely take it back to them. anyone else ever have this happen?
Seems like the knock offs dont have the issues of the OEM's. I wonder if the Dodge trucks have the same problem. Do you have a Tazer or something you can do a reset or turn the monitoring on/ off see if that helps?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kobejo34

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rotated tires and the tech said "reset the TPMS" whatever that means and it the issue didn't seem to follow however they could have just stuck the bad one on the rear you never know about those sneaky techs.

So for about a two weeks everything work as expected. Then the whole system went out all 4 tires offline then back. The same sensor in a different rotated spot just went out on the way home. I assume it will come back and I can't sit at the dealership any longer and I don't have the gumption to fight it - Jeep for the win.

Stan_Smith

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know how to reset TPMS? Got five OEM Rubicon wheels with tires, sensors still inside. Doesn't register after 10 miles and multiple power cycles.

7below

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody know how to reset TPMS? Got five OEM Rubicon wheels with tires, sensors still inside. Doesn't register after 10 miles and multiple power cycles.
You can take it to the dealer and they can use their scan tool to check the TPMS and force a relearn. At least that's what ALLDATA says. I have been having the issue where no matter what wheel I put on the left rear the TPMS will not read that wheel. Hoping the dealer can force a relearn of the TPMS today when I am in for the recalibration for my 35" tires and V41 recall.

7below

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You can take it to the dealer and they can use their scan tool to check the TPMS and force a relearn. At least that's what ALLDATA says. I have been having the issue where no matter what wheel I put on the left rear the TPMS will not read that wheel. Hoping the dealer can force a relearn of the TPMS today when I am in for the recalibration for my 35" tires and V41 recall.
Dealer was able to force program the TPMS so now no left rear TPMS not reading.