Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Is it easy to at least make the rear windows auto-down? Is it as simple as replacing the switches or is there another relay?
I believe it would be a little more. The window motor would need to shut off once the window is all the way down. So there would need to be a sensing circuit to detect the amp spike at the point. The sensing circuit could potentially be in the motor itself but I doubt if FCA had the rear window motors designed that way as it would be a little additional cost. It is possible that they would add this in the next model year or two which likely could be retrofittable ... It is also possible that the window motor used on the JLs are identical to ones used on other models and they may already have them ... just my thoughts
Sponsored

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
When I used to have a 1990 full size Bronco, I changed out the switch that controlled the rear window with one from a Ford Taurus. That was all I needed to do to get one touch down. If we're lucky that's all we need to do on the JL.

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
If someone is willing to try it should be easy to swap plugs on the front and rear windows to see if the one touch will work for the rear. If it does all you need is the switches.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
If someone is willing to try it should be easy to swap plugs on the front and rear windows to see if the one touch will work for the rear. If it does all you need is the switches.
Who is going to give this a shot?

I'd consider it, but I don't even have a wrangler yet :-(

Any ideas on what the best switch option might be?

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This would be an awesome feature to have...but aren’t all four switches made as one part? I’ve replaced switch banks before, but never individual switches on the bank...I’m not even sure that is possible...

Edit: If this is the case, hopefully the rear window motors will work with one-touch down and maybe the aftermarket will hear our pleas. They might could even produce a replacement switch bank for one-touch down and up...but it’s all just speculation...
Sponsored