One touch windows in back

Mjclay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Crystal Granite
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the switches for the back windows to one touch? It would be nice to just roll all the windows down with one touch.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
One touch up would be nice as well. I still can't figure why Jeep would pass on that for the front windows.

Shamus13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 98 TJ
I also wish the windows were 1 touch to get them back up. Last two vehicles I've owned had them. So convenient.

OP
OP
Mjclay

Mjclay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve looked on mopar for the part but I don’t even see the JL as an option to pick.

Sponsored

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve looked on mopar for the part but I don’t even see the JL as an option to pick.
Which is kind of confounding, considering units sold over the past 7+ months. They're missing out, and that's something I just don't understand. It's almost like FCA put the JL out and only then said ... "whoa! We still gotta get accessories out and make them readily available!"
But then I noticed that most vendors took 4+ months to release aftermarket components for the JL, which is also crazy. Man, if I owned a Jeep accessories site, I'd have wanted to get my products to market first (and done right the first time, of course!), and then advertise the heck out of them. Oh well.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone tried using a switch from another FCA vehicle (one that has one touch down and/or up) to test and see if it functions? If it fits? Might be worth a trip to a salvage yard and a few bucks. I’d be the guinea pig if I had a JL already.

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Has anyone tried using a switch from another FCA vehicle (one that has one touch down and/or up) to test and see if it functions? If it fits? Might be worth a trip to a salvage yard and a few bucks. I’d be the guinea pig if I had a JL already.
I’d do this in a freakin’ heartbeat. The switches look different from any other FCA vehicle, though.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
It may have something to do with the bump stop built into some of them! In my F-150 as soon as I hit a bump while their moving they stop. With a stiff ride like the wrangler has I cannot see them working properly!

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
It may have something to do with the bump stop built into some of them! In my F-150 as soon as I hit a bump while their moving they stop. With a stiff ride like the wrangler has I cannot see them working properly!
But the front ones work just fine. One-touch down and up is standard on a lot of cars. It’s also a minor inconvenience when you have a manual JL and are trying to roll up the windows after being at a stop, since the switches and gear lever require the use of the same hand.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mjclay

Mjclay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was surprised to see the 2017 Renegade loaner I have has 1-touch up and down.
I wonder if those would work. Has anyone taken the switches out? How would you even get to them?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
My 2008 Subaru has one touch down at least. That's ten year old tech.

I'm happy with the new tech, but this would have been a nice 'touch.'

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Unfortunately it takes more than just a switch to make auto up/down windows function. The door control module needs to recognize when the window is at bottom as well as needing to sense an obstruction when raising the window for safety (wouldn't want your kid or dog to get their head stuck in the window raising it). Most manufacturers use either a hall sensor in the window motors for counting motor rotations or the module sensing amperage spikes to determine when to shut off the motor