OP

khramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat, 2013
Interestingly, 6 cylinder block is cheaper than 4 cylinder block..

To me, its not worth the debate arguing the engineering, oil technologies, or the oil analysis. Plus, it gives you a opportunity to check over components, grease joints, and touch up surface rust etc..
Do the Dealer service folks really check the grease joints, components etc., ... I dont think so! Man, screwed are those including myself who dont do the oil change and component checks themselves !!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

khramesh

First Name
Ramesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat, 2013
You know . . . it's really hard to argue with someone who actually sends their oil for analysis and knows so much about this! hahaha

Part of my . . . we're going to call it a "little problem" . . . is that I view things like warranty expirations and parts breakages not as causes for concern, but rather opportunities for improvement!

When I blew the clutch on my Trans Am, was I sad because I had to replace it? No! I was elated because I could now upgrade to that 5.5", triple-disc QuarterMaster clutch and button flywheel I'd been wanting!

Yes, I'm a sick man. A sick, sick man.
Those who maintain their Jeeps and do oil changes by themselves protect the warranty on the Jeep should something catastrophic happens to their Jeep (s) 😱!!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Dealer service folks really check the grease joints, components etc., ... I dont think so! Man, screwed are those including myself who dont do the oil change and component checks themselves !!!
Not much to grease (if anything) on stock parts and though they have a checklist, I too question what they actually check. For me, a trip to the dealer is because there is no other option.
Sponsored