First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How do you do an actual reboot?
I know there is a procedure, but I don't know what it is. I do it with the Tazer JL, which makes it very easy. I'm sure they could walk you through it.

They wound up manually doing my update at the dealership, I think with a zip drive. It worked and I've had the ORP ever since.
Sponsored

Persius

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon 4 door
An update. After talking (phone call) to Jeep Cares about a couple of issues, ORPs being one they made an appointment with my dealer. The dealer did what I requested a re-load of the radio/nav/media center software. Off Road Pages re-appeared So far the app has worked but missing the Long-Latt, compass and altitude info. While talking to Jeep Cares I was told an update to the Off Road Pages was due in about a week. I have not seen any announcement of such yet.

Persius

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon 4 door
I have ignored the parts of the ORP that refuse to show Latt-Long, compass and altitude. Just recently I was in Colorado and showed someone the "cool" functions and behold the missing data appeared. During my travels I continued to monitor the gauges and the ORP was functioning as expected. Then during my drive below 900 FT altitude, the latt-long, compass and altitude disappeared again. It is quite annoying to have a system so expensive but does not work and can not be fixed nor compensation to the buyer.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I have ignored the parts of the ORP that refuse to show Latt-Long, compass and altitude. Just recently I was in Colorado and showed someone the "cool" functions and behold the missing data appeared. During my travels I continued to monitor the gauges and the ORP was functioning as expected. Then during my drive below 900 FT altitude, the latt-long, compass and altitude disappeared again. It is quite annoying to have a system so expensive but does not work and can not be fixed nor compensation to the buyer.
Well boys, hold onto your Jeeps! I just ordered a 2021 and that fine expensive radio
new cost $1895.... of corse the 8.4” at $400 from 2018. And not a damn thing is changed. And if you wanna know the truth the 8.4” is not 8.4” just like the Mopar 7 inch off-road lights are nowhere close to 7 inches and the 5 inch is nowhere close to 5 inches, so must be a running thing with Jeep. Don’t get me wrong boys I love my jeep I have a 2018 JLUR. However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options like painted fenders, radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want to eat work is 1500 and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $300. What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle he only paid 2000 for the same exact transmission go figure that one.However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options painted fenders, the radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want to eat work is 1500 and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $300. What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle he only paid 2000 for the same exact transmission go figure that one.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well boys, hold onto your Jeeps! I just ordered a 2021 and that fine expensive radio
new cost $1895.... of corse the 8.4” at $400 from 2018. And not a damn thing is changed. And if you wanna know the truth the 8.4” is not 8.4” just like the Mopar 7 inch off-road lights are nowhere close to 7 inches and the 5 inch is nowhere close to 5 inches, so must be a running thing with Jeep. Don’t get me wrong boys I love my jeep I have a 2018 JLUR. However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options like painted fenders, radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want to eat work is 1500 and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $300. What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle he only paid 2000 for the same exact transmission go figure that one.However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options painted fenders, the radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want to eat work is 1500 and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $300. What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle he only paid 2000 for the same exact transmission go figure that one.
new cost $1895.... of corse the 8.4” from 2018 is $400 more. And not a damn thing is changed. And if you wanna know the truth the 8.4” is not 8.4” just like the Mopar 7 inch off-road lights are nowhere close to 7 inches and the 5 inch is nowhere close to 5 inches, so must be a running thing with Jeep. Don’t get me wrong boys I love my jeep I have a 2018 JLUR. However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options like painted fenders, radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want to eat work is 1500 and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $300. What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle he only paid 2000 for the same exact transmission go figure that one.However I was surprised in the price increase I’m not just a vehicle but many of the options painted fenders, the radio, and now in 2021 the engine if you want the E torque its 1500 more and the transmission that goes with that engine is 1500 so basically they increased the transmission by $250..What’s funny is in the gladiator which is the same vehicle you get that same transmission and only have to paid 2000, for the same exact transmission, go figure that on one!
From 2018 to now why were the same exact jeep it was 5000 more dollars. I guess things are going good for Jeep. I know, I’m not complaining I’m just saying! Lol!!!!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well, men have been telling women that 4" is 8.4 since the beginning of time, so it would be a bit hypocritical of us to jump all over Jeep for this, now wouldn't it?

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
new cost $1895.... of corse the 8.4” at $400 from 2018. And not a damn thing is changed. And if you wanna know the truth the 8.4” is not 8.4” just like the Mopar 7 inch off-road lights are nowhere close to 7 inches and the 5 inch is nowhere close to 5 inches, so must be a running thing with Jeep. Don’t get me wrong boys I love my jeep I have a 2018 JLUR.
Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Pages Update Status... 20201002_112337[1]

My screen measures 8.4". You measure the screen diagonally just like you do a TV screen.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Off Road Pages Update Status... 20201002_112337[1]

My screen measures 8.4". You measure the screen diagonally just like you do a TV screen.
I do understand that, however you have to put your tape inside where the vision is, not the outside, it’s what you can see from corner to corner inside.
hope this helps.
Sponsored