First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Wow! That’s crazy long. Will it be around 6 months for delivery? I’m over here having a hard time waiting 90 days for my Turtleback.
Actually it will be more like 5 months, yes, a long time; however, many of the units I looked into were 1 year+ lead times and some literally said 'I'm not even sure I can promise a year'. I know supply chain issues are a factor in the delay for my camper and what I'm seeing in my daily work is an ever grown backlog tsunami resulting from semiconductor / supply chain issues. Covid has taught be to be much more patient.
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Actually it will be more like 5 months, yes, a long time; however, many of the units I looked into were 1 year+ lead times and some literally said 'I'm not even sure I can promise a year'. I know supply chain issues are a factor in the delay for my camper and what I'm seeing in my daily work is an ever grown backlog tsunami resulting from semiconductor / supply chain issues. Covid has taught be to be much more patient.
Makes sense. Send some photos over once you have them :)

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
Check out cedar ridge teardrops. They are custom made at a very reasonable price. Much better than anything mass manufactured. Look real hard at what brands you mentioned and you will realize what junk they really are. https://cedarridgecampers.com/contact/
That's super cool. Im from that area, and actually went to undergrad at Murray. Cool to see. Also have done the LBL Jamboree, amongst others.

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
We have one of the Jeep Extreme Campers.

Tent on wheels with a/c and heater. Big advantage over the eggs and other is you can stand up in it. Takes about 15 minutes to set up (one person). 1/2 that with a helper.

Thing is build solid! Weights only 1100 lbs. and you can pic the tong up one handed.

Has matching Jeep wheels running 35's. Full skid plate.

This is a sample of one.

https://www.smartrvguide.com/L51577408

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Tent on wheels with a/c and heater. Big advantage over the eggs and other is you can stand up in it. Takes about 15 minutes to set up (one person). 1/2 that with a helper.

Thing is build solid! Weights only 1100 lbs. and you can pic the tong up one handed.

This is a sample of one.

Yeah I looked at that. One of the newer ones I found was around 25K. I ended up going with a Turtleback, which is also pricey. How’s the kitchen in that?

Sponsored

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Yeah I looked at that. One of the newer ones I found was around 25K. I ended up going with a Turtleback, which is also pricey. How’s the kitchen in that?

No kitchen inside, it's very basic. Pack your own camp stove/barbq inside and then use it outside. They usually run from 6k to 15k depending on add-ons, water, shower, inverter.

Inside they look like this.

Jeep-Mopar-Camper-Trailer-3-thumb-550x366.jpg

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
No kitchen inside, it's very basic. Pack your own camp stove/barbq inside and then use it outside. They usually run from 6k to 15k depending on add-ons, water, shower, inverter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Campers Jeep-Mopar-Camper-Trailer-3-thumb-550x366
I like it :) great option! How often to you go camping? I really want to pick up the pace.

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Weekends montly.. some times 2 times a month, or some times for a 10 day. With the 10 day remote we bring a portable hot water shower system. It's is just a propane water heater in a suit case with a shower head and marine water pump.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

This is a sample of one.

Those are really nice and practical, unfortunately trying to find one is tough and even bought to find one reasonably priced!

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Up here in the Northeast you don't want to be cooking or storing your food where you sleep, the bears will come break in if they can and help themselves. I store my food and and fridge in my Jeep no where near where I sleep.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Up here in the Northeast you don't want to be cooking or storing your food where you sleep, the bears will come break in if they can and help themselves. I store my food and and fridge in my Jeep no where near where I sleep.
Yeah I’m getting the smaller Turtleback and plan to do the same thing.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
love my living lite 6.0 coleman edition camo (3k$ used) has off road suspension package
Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Campers 00Y0Y_4DOfGJKmh8Q_0CI0pQ_1200x900

Thats a great deal. Cant deny the value on that price. AC too? That’s awesome man. Also once I get my Jeep and trailer setup I may take heed to your signature for a bit ;)

OP
OP
MaineBumpkin

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Quick update, it's ready! 5am tomorrow we depart for Kentucky! I plan to do a whole write up / review later but for now here is a preview of it during the last stage of the build.
Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Campers 1628189752558

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Jeep Wrangler JL Off-Road Campers 1628189752558
Many of the National Parks out west in Bear territory will not let you camp in a soft sided camper. Just an FYI.
Sponsored