First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Yes, the bulb has a small harness that you need to delicately wedge into the housing behind the bulb unit and then just twist the dust cap back onto the back of the light housing.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Yes, the bulb has a small harness that you need to delicately wedge into the housing behind the bulb unit and then just twist the dust cap back onto the back of the light housing.
Thanks! I’m gonna install tomorrow afternoon!

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
Did you reinstall the rear cover dust after installing the new beams with the fan? Was looking at it today as my
Beam techs just came in the mail.
I did, even tho I am a bit worried about heat-buildup. What did you decide to do?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I did, even tho I am a bit worried about heat-buildup. What did you decide to do?
Thought I would share that I've been running techmax LEDs (essentially same as beamtech) for over a year and a half now with dust caps on and no issues even throughout a hot summer. Maybe not as hot as AZ ;)

No issues and bright as ever.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Thought I would share that I've been running techmax LEDs (essentially same as beamtech) for over a year and a half now with dust caps on and no issues even throughout a hot summer. Maybe not as hot as AZ ;)

No issues and bright as ever.
Same feedback with my beamtechs, going strong for about a year now.

Sponsored

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
After a few months, I have a concerning update with my 8500 lumen Beamtech bulbs: Although I have not had any reliability issues with my Beamtech bulbs in very light use after a few months, the bulb has become somewhat loose in the reflector socket. I don't know if either the plastic from the reflector or bulb has softened or the gasket has flattened...but they're definitely wiggly now and that affects the beam position a bit.

Update: I found out one of the assembly (not adjustment) screws had backed out. I tighted it back up and it seemed to remove most of the wiggle.

Last edited:

Rsarffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited rubicon, 15 rzr xp1000
After a few months, I have a concerning update with my 8500 lumen Beamtech bulbs: Although I have not had any reliability issues with my Beamtech bulbs in very light use after a few months, the bulb has become somewhat loose in the reflector socket. I don't know if either the plastic from the reflector or bulb has softened or the gasket has flattened...but they're definitely wiggly now and that affects the beam position a bit.

Update: I found out one of the assembly (not adjustment) screws had backed out. I tighted it back up and it seemed to remove most of the wiggle.
My bulbs got loose as well, added a thin rope of plumbers putty under round gasket.. snug now. Also, if the bulbs (2 sided led) aren't positioned with the led's at 9 and 3 o'clock position, the light pattern will be scattered. There's a tiny set screw on the collar to reposition bulb if needed.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these Beamtechs almost two years ago and they appear just as bright as day one and no visible flicker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_N2FwCb

Considered other options at first but went with these and thought it would be temporary until more choices with halos were available and now I’m past that.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I installed these Beamtechs almost two years ago and they appear just as bright as day one and no visible flicker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_N2FwCb

Considered other options at first but went with these and thought it would be temporary until more choices with halos were available and now I’m past that.
Still running mine as well, coming up on a couple years. Very happy with them, especially at the price point.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
This is a good point. I just installed the Beamtechs this afternoon. I found that putting the harness into the space around the bulb aperture first then installing the bulb was the way to go. once the bulb is in there is not much space for the harness/connector. You can jam it in to the side, but it pushes up against the heat sync of the bulb. I was able to get the dust cap on this way but then when I did the second one and realized I could put the harness/connector in first before the bulb insertion I saw how much better that was so re-did the first one that way too.

Waiting for it to get a little more dark out so I can see if I need to adjust the beam height.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i have the factory LEDs on the jeep, but i think i'm gonna try these Beamtechs on my 2003 Silverado. i just installed new (clear, non-crazed) Hi/Low head light and DLR/turn light assemblies on it so this setup should be super bright (i normally run SilverStar halogens). all other lights on the truck are already converted to LEDs.

good to see how long they're lasting for the price.

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Which model of Alla LED fog light bulbs did you use?
Sponsored