First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I saw mixed reviews on the beam tech. Glad it worked out for you guys. I went with oracle lighting and have had no issues at all. Definitely a little more pricey but they do come with a warranty as well.
I did just check beamtechs site and they supposedly have a 3 year warranty on all their products, I guess that gives me some confidence in trying their bulbs for a bit.

Screenshot_20200908-093533.png
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I saw mixed reviews on the beam tech. Glad it worked out for you guys. I went with oracle lighting and have had no issues at all. Definitely a little more pricey but they do come with a warranty as well.

https://aac2017.myshopify.com/produ...version-kit?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2019

https://aac2017.myshopify.com/produ...version-kit?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2019
Thanks for recommending us! We actually just published a video putting ours against BeamTech in performance and construction; check it out below.

(Also, just want to point out that BeamTech's warranty page is copied word-for-word from Diode Dynamics; they even missed a DD under "Negligence." They may still stand by it; unfortunately, we haven't heard any customer feedback to share there. Just FYI for y'all!)

Last edited:

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I bought and installed these bulbs. The light output and spread was amazing. The only issue I noticed is that they flickered when I was stopped and my engine was at idle. The flickering wasn't super noticeable at first but it was there and annoying.

I ended up returning them and going with these. I think they're slightly worse than the Beamtech bulbs but they'll do for now. They look exactly like the S.V4 bulb that Headlight Revolution sells for over $170.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777BS52N/#customerReviews

2020 JLU Sport S

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the beamtech bulbs the other day, installed last night and wasn’t impressed... the light was broken and I was disappointed... returned today

Today I purchased the Oracle Oculus headlights - they were much more expensive, but I’m highly optimistic. I’m just disappointed I missed out on the special sale as I recently purchased the smoked rear taillights and side markers and would have enjoyed the tail light. I am trying to find reverse lights as I’m really lacking light now, different thread.

Will update based on experience with the headlights.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Has any of you check for heat discoloration around the socket? I know they must have a resistor in them to keep the bulb out warning out which means excessive heat around the bulb. Which worries me. I am currently debating these bulbs

Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I guess I'm not too worried if there is discoloration. Worst case it causes issues and you just buy someone's cheap takeoff halogen headlights from the member marketplace. Could probably score a set for $20 since no one wants them after they upgrade to aftermarket LED units haha.

Last edited:

rvb

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I purchased the beamtech bulbs the other day, installed last night and wasn’t impressed... the light was broken and I was disappointed... returned today

Today I purchased the Oracle Oculus headlights - they were much more expensive, but I’m highly optimistic. I’m just disappointed I missed out on the special sale as I recently purchased the smoked rear taillights and side markers and would have enjoyed the tail light. I am trying to find reverse lights as I’m really lacking light now, different thread.

Will update based on experience with the headlights.
We have some reverse lights coming soon! See thread here! https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-led-reverse-lights.55888/page-8#post-1252045

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech Engineer

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Isn't the JL rear bumper reflector (that your product would replace) different than the JT? Or are you guys coming out with products for each?

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Headlight Bulb Upgrade to Beamtech LEDs Screenshot_20200914-095921~2

I believe they are different for the JT yes, we are working on something for the JL, but may have JT in the future!

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Glad they have worked out @Wabujitsu.
I've had the beamtechs for over a year now with no issues. As was mentioned, had to adjust down because the factory settings were too high, but that wasn't apparent with the factory halogens. Mine have a heat sink with an internal fan so there is not excessive heat transfer to the housing. Light is clean, bright, and flicker-free for me. If they were to fail now, I would buy them again without hesitation.
Not sure how the light could be broken as the LEDs mimic the Hi/Lo filament location of the halogens. I don't remember if the bulbs could be clocked wrong or not.
I've got the 10,000 lumen vs the 8,000 so that could be a possible difference. Just my .02 and maybe worth about that much.
Happy Monday....

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
Just ordered these on your recommendations, hope install is easy! I have a 2.0...

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I got the beamtechs installed last night. As others mentioned, you will absolutely need to aim them down a bit from stock. I did a night test drive without aiming and got a few flashes from other drivers. Also noticed a lot of reflection off road signs before aiming them down, so I knew the low beams were too high. After aiming down a bit and a second test drive, no more flashes from others and still have much better road visibility than the halogens. Please don't be a jerk and leave them aimed high and be blinding everyone as you drive, it takes less than 5 minutes and just a screwdriver to adjust them down (extremely easy) . As far as install, they can only be installed in 1 orientation due to the tabs on the light, so can't get them clocked wrong. Also, you don't need to use the orange rubber o-ring gasket that comes on the bulbs since there's already a gasket on the headlight housing. I'm impressed for $40, if they last 2 years, I'll be happy. Quick pic below of the difference in color/brightness.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Headlight Bulb Upgrade to Beamtech LEDs PXL_20200915_190142010.MP

Last edited:

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I got the beamtechs installed last night. As others mentioned, you will absolutely need to aim them down a bit from stock. I did a night test drive without aiming and got a few flashes from other drivers. Also noticed a lot of reflection off road signs before aiming them down, so I knew the low beams were too high. After aiming down a bit and a second test drive, no more flashes from others and still have much better road visibility than the halogens. Please don't be a jerk and leave them aimed high and be blinding everyone as you drive, it takes less than 5 minutes and just a screwdriver to adjust them down (extremely easy) . As far as install, they can only be installed in 1 orientation due to the tabs on the light, so can't get them clocked wrong. Also, you don't need to use the orange rubber o-ring gasket that comes on the bulbs since there's already a gasket on the headlight housing. I'm impressed for $40, if they last 2 years, I'll be happy. Quick pic below of the difference in color/brightness.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Headlight Bulb Upgrade to Beamtech LEDs PXL_20200915_190142010.MP
Yes, I mentioned the need to aim the headlights lower in my earlier post. The factory halogen bulbs were so dim you couldn't tell they were aimed too high.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Glad they have worked out @Wabujitsu.
I've had the beamtechs for over a year now with no issues. As was mentioned, had to adjust down because the factory settings were too high, but that wasn't apparent with the factory halogens. Mine have a heat sink with an internal fan so there is not excessive heat transfer to the housing. Light is clean, bright, and flicker-free for me. If they were to fail now, I would buy them again without hesitation.
Not sure how the light could be broken as the LEDs mimic the Hi/Lo filament location of the halogens. I don't remember if the bulbs could be clocked wrong or not.
I've got the 10,000 lumen vs the 8,000 so that could be a possible difference. Just my .02 and maybe worth about that much.
Happy Monday....
Did you reinstall the rear cover dust after installing the new beams with the fan? Was looking at it today as my
Beam techs just came in the mail.
Sponsored