Sponsored

Reliability of aftermarket LED headlight bulbs (Beamtech)?

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
Hello all,

Just bought a stripper JL Rubicon 2-door and decided to try out the $40 Beamtech headlight bulbs in the stock halogen headlight housings and they work GREAT! However, I'm still concerned about overall reliability as the bulb's heatsink is not out in the open, but inside the sealed headlight housing where heat buildup is inevitable. Second, it's not just a matter of carrying a spare as a bulb replacement is more than just reaching in and replacing. Third, I travel a lot at night in mountainous areas and can't afford a failure. Finally, these bulbs in the end are still cheap chinese products. Has anyone had any reliability issues with the Beamtech bulbs or others like it?
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i do not have the beamtech bulbs. i have the supernova led bulbs for 3 years and not one problem with them. i was wondering about the sealed headlight housing and the heat. it hasnt been an issue since it does not heat up as much. i honestly do not think the headlight housing is fully air or water tight.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I got the 8K lumen Beamtechs (no fan on heatsink model) and they've been going strong for six months so far, no issues. Not a real long term test but so far they have worked flawlessly.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I had the Beamtech bulbs for two years. No problems. Much brighter than the stock halogens.

I swapped out the headlights last year because I wanted headlights w/DRLs, not because of any issues with the Beamtechs.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I’ve had Beamtech bulbs for just over a year. Not one complaint/problem. I do wish I had bitten the bullet and gotten the LED package. But I’m tight (Sport S instead of a Rubi, too). $40 bulbs vs $$$ for the LED package…no brainer. There have been times my cheapness has cost me. Like when I go to Harbor Freight…not all purchases, but some. Beamtech bulbs have not let me down one bit.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I have the beamtech with fans and they've been problem free for over a year.

If you have headlight anxiety, you could add a couple of post-mounted 5.75" motorcycle headlight buckets to your bumper! You'd have a second set of DOT approved headlights that you could put on an aux light switch (well, since LED replacement bulbs aren't technically DOT approved, you'd have one set of legal headlights). I haven't done this, but I'm planning to... mostly so I can have both LED and halogens at my disposal for when halogens are better (snow/fog). I'm currently using halogen hella fog lights pointed down to not cause glare, but I'd like to aim them higher, which needs a legit headlight reflector.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I put the the Beamtechs that are not fanned in over 2 years ago and have had zero issues.

this is a recent pic since I put in LED DRL bulbs

Jeep Wrangler JL Reliability of aftermarket LED headlight bulbs (Beamtech)? 9CF6CDF1-A199-4282-9AE6-E4245F47F9CB

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the techmax with fans problem free for over 2 years. Super bright with a clean cutoff.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
i have beam tech with fans, for 2 years no issue, but i do feel the fan noise getting bigger
Sponsored