Nosey neighbor..

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Oh no a stranger judging you?? How will you survive??
Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I’d rather hang out with the nosey neighbor than a bunch of sissies who get butthurt and paranoid if asked what their car cost. Jesus Christ. Were you folks molested or something? Asking what you paid for your car hurts your feelings? We’re a nation of sissies. We’re doomed. Holy Christ.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I’d rather hang out with the nosey neighbor than a bunch of sissies who get butthurt and paranoid if asked what their car cost. Jesus Christ. Were you folks molested or something? Asking what you paid for your car hurts your feelings? We’re a nation of sissies. We’re doomed. Holy Christ.
Between your Name and tone you come across as one of those angry pumped up manly men, this is a discussion for average Joe's, sorry.
BTW Post your personal information on here, unless your a sissy.
Also your using the Lord's name .......🗽

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Does nobody realize it's not 1970 anymore? From the phone in his pocket he could get a ballpark price. With modern camera quality he could get a picture of the Vin in your driveway from the street. With that he could literally pull up your actual window sticker. The information some of you take personally just isn't anymore. From zillow with just your address your neighbor can not only see the estimated value of your home, but what you paid for it. Relax, it's just a car. It doesn't define your worth, your intelligence, or your ability to shop.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
IMO, it all comes down to "delivery". I would much rather someone approach me starting with small convo about my vehicle then ask "If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?" rather than "so how much did they get you for!?"

Last edited:

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
IMO, life is too short to fear honesty in the face of a simple curious question, though I'm not in the OPs shoes to have full context on the vibe the neighbor gives, nor is anyone else who is replying, including those talking about "retaliation" to just a question. I'm a people-watcher and love to learn from others' interactions, views, and reactions to life... this thread delivered lol. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Nosey neighbor.. spidey

With that said, believe me, I know the negatives that come from sharing things like your income with the wrong people. It'll get you judged, it can bring pointless hate, and it can have you on the top of their list when they've gone on their 4th international vacation, living beyond their means and then lose their job and expect you to help them. They don't think about their mistakes, or the fact that you've been working your ass off 7 days a week for years to build something that is yours... they simply see you as someone who "has" and they have a need. Helping people is great, and some situations are really sad and no fault of their own. But being used, abused, and hated from your hard work and modest success is NOT great or justified, so I get why people want to be private about things that could reflect their level of success.

Last edited:

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Whether someone can look up prices on the internet is not the issue here. Also, no one said anything about hurt feelings. OP is asking how to deal with nosey pushy people. It's about manners and etiquette.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Does nobody realize it's not 1970 anymore? From the phone in his pocket he could get a ballpark price. With modern camera quality he could get a picture of the Vin in your driveway from the street. With that he could literally pull up your actual window sticker. The information some of you take personally just isn't anymore. From zillow with just your address your neighbor can not only see the estimated value of your home, but what you paid for it. Relax, it's just a car. It doesn't define your worth, your intelligence, or your ability to shop.
He clearly stated he was not in the market for any vehicle...so why ask?
Some people spend $$$ on sneakers....I don't want $neakers, so I have a habit of not asking the younger guys I know what they paid for them.
btw I'm not offended ...its just not a question i ask.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
i
IMO, life is too short to fear honesty in the face of a simple curious question, though I'm not in the OPs shoes to have full context on the vibe the neighbor gives, nor is anyone else who is replying, including those talking about "retaliation" to just a question. I'm a people-watcher and love to learn from others' interactions, views, and reactions to life... this thread delivered lol. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Nosey neighbor.. spidey

With that said, believe me, I know the negatives that come from sharing things like your income with the wrong people. It'll get you judged, it can bring pointless hate, and it can have you on the top of their list when they've gone on their 4th international vacation, living beyond their means and then lose their job and expect you to help them. They don't reflect on their mistakes, or the fact that you've been working your ass off 7 days a week for years to build something that is yours... they simply see you as someone who "has" and they have a need. Helping people is great, and some situations are really sad and no fault of their own. But being used, abused, and hated from your hard work and modest success is NOT great or justified, so I get why people want to be private about things that could reflect their level of success.
If I only used my spidey sense I would have "ducked" in the house. 🗽🦆

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Whether someone can look up prices on the internet is not the issue here. Also, no one said anything about hurt feelings. OP is asking how to deal with nosey pushy people. It's about manners and etiquette.
Some people are just too sensitive. Did the neighbor say something rude or did he simply ask what the op's nice new jeep costs? If you take offense or find it nosey to ask a simple question about your vehicle's price, that is your issue not the neighbors lack of manners.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Some people are just too sensitive. Did the neighbor say something rude or did he simply ask what the op's nice new jeep costs? If you take offense or find it nosey to ask a simple question about your vehicle's price, that is your issue not the neighbors lack of manners.
Seems about 50/50 here....
Sponsored