Sponsored

No Squatting JL's in NC

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Passed a pickup on the freeway here in Minnesota this week that was squatting, big time, in the middle.

Had to be a busted and/or rusted frame. I was actually waiting for the thing to break in half.

As I went by I looked to see who was inside. I noticed two HUGE (and not in a good way) individuals inside. Probably heading to Walmart.
Oh, so at 145, I shouldn't be shopping at Walmart anymore?
Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
check out this gem that Texas hath produced.

may i present "Swangers". even da popo done got dem.

i want to see a squatted truck with these things. or maybe a rock crawler lol. it would help with keep your jeep from rolling over. like those rollover test arms.
swangers.jpg
cop swanger.jpg
slab-5.jpg
Didn't the Donk movement start in Houston?

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
check out this gem that Texas hath produced.

may i present "Swangers". even da popo done got dem.

i want to see a squatted truck with these things. or maybe a rock crawler lol. it would help with keep your jeep from rolling over. like those rollover test arms.
Jeep Wrangler JL No Squatting JL's in NC 1623358617511
Ok someone tell me why there are f’in tv screens in the rear seat headrests?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I leave for North Carolina tomorrow. I am going to be staring at every truck I go by now. Lol

saw a stanced bmw today! Typical one for our area. Rims worth more than whole car. 4 different color paint jobs cause they blew thier load on the rims.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
the pre-runner look

pre runner.jpg
It's cute and all when an overlanding enthusiast does this to their truck and goes out to the desert every weekend. Somebody who drives chill and is all about that.

It's another thing when you see a Raptor or Silverado fitted with that kinda bumper delete honking up/down the main street at 70mph weaving through traffic like a BMW M3.

Those things belong on trailers, not on public roads. The little Tacoma is one thing. A modern truck with all its gear probably weighs twice as much lol. And sits twice as high.

Sponsored

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I leave for North Carolina tomorrow. I am going to be staring at every truck I go by now. Lol

saw a stanced bmw today! Typical one for our area. Rims worth more than whole car. 4 different color paint jobs cause they blew thier load on the rims.
Obviously so you can stand back and play your gamecube Nintendo hollerin who is mike Jones
Immerse yourself in this video and all questions will be answered.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obviously so you can stand back and play your gamecube Nintendo hollerin who is mike Jones

Immerse yourself in this video and all questions will be answered.

They said game cube. Lol

dope.

If that still isn’t a thing invert proper term.

and another 4 mins of my life lost. Lol

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So that the driver of that aesthetic abortion can play inappropriate content that people in the following vehicles, and their children, will be forced to see for at least a moment.

Don't underestimate the aggressive disregard that some people have for their fellow citizens.

Minilla

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
most of you are missing the point. I don't give a rats ass how dumb this lift type may look, as long as it's not recklessly dangerous whats the point of banning it. this wasn't banned because it was recklessly dangerous thing to do, this was banned because asshat polititians mistake things they don't like to see vs what people should be allowed to do. next they'll think my lift on my jeep shouldn't be legal. aint no harm in squatting your truck. I would NEVER do it to my truck...but I cannot understand why it would be BANNED like menthol fucking cigarettes. I want politicians to STAY AWAY from my jeep, as long as i'm not being reckless

OP
OP
Creeker

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
most of you are missing the point. I don't give a rats ass how dumb this lift type may look, as long as it's not recklessly dangerous whats the point of banning it. this wasn't banned because it was recklessly dangerous thing to do, this was banned because asshat polititians mistake things they don't like to see vs what people should be allowed to do. next they'll think my lift on my jeep shouldn't be legal. aint no harm in squatting your truck. I would NEVER do it to my truck...but I cannot understand why it would be BANNED like menthol fucking cigarettes. I want politicians to STAY AWAY from my jeep, as long as i'm not being reckless
Some of the reasoning for the bill was the headlights could not / were not adjusted so the light is not pointed at approaching traffic. Though not stated in the bill, another reason could be driver visibility issues. There are YT videos out there that show that when driving a squatted vehicle, the driver cannot see the road in front of him. All the driver sees is sky. If the bill was just related to looks or one's taste, then the bill would be over reaching, IMHO. The bill's foundation appears to be related to the safety of others.

Personally, I don't like the squatted look. Though, IMHO, squatting makes a vehicle look ridiculous, I support the freedom of expression thing and I don't like the government telling me what I can and cannot do as it pertains to a benign personal choices. However, IMHO, a squatted vehicle is a significant safety risk to others.
Sponsored