NO Paint from Mopar - REALLY?

cooper37

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' High Altitude
Paid for installation of bumper/winch - they scratched my grill. Went to 3 dealers for touch-up, they can not help.

Mopar.com National eStore
9:17 AM (2 hours ago)

Good morning,
Currently, touch up paint through Mopar is going through an unplanned supplier change that has pended all factory orders through the end of march. So at the moment I cannot fulfill your order. I will go ahead and cancel your order and issue you a full refund. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
After looking around online, last week I just walked to my local dealer’s parts counter and picked up a Firecracker Red (PRC) touchup kit. It was the last one they had in that color. They had a couple other colors hanging from the wall and that was it.

bigfishbobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon, 2021 Willys
I just went through this looking for a PW7 touch up pen (Bright White). I’m in Florida and called all over the US and the only dealers that had one told me it was for use in their shop and not for sale. One dealer told me that they have a Napa that is built in to the side of their dealer and they use the Napa touch up pens regularly if they don’t have the Mopar one. I bought a pen from Napa and it was a perfect match.

Zero_Accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Systems Engineer
It's not just the JL's, my sister tired buying Anvil touch up paint for her JK, ALLLLL the way back in October. Stelantis is changing suppliers because the old touch up paint was no where near close to the right shade.

She placed the order, latest I heard was February.

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Well there's your mistake right there, touching up your paint. I have so many scratches and dings and places where tools nick the paint and drill holes, I don't touch up any of them with color matching paint.

After wiping down the exposed metal I spray on some clear coat enamel with a -20°f to 500°f tolerance. Then I go about my day as if my Wrangler doesn't look like shit! :muscle:;)

Reactions: DGT

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
On a slightly off topic note:

Interestingly enough Earl was pulled from the order sheets for a bit (it's been since been returned), and this kinda thing is exactly why I figured it was pulled. It had people panicking thinking that it had been a limited run, but there had never been any announcement of the sort from Jeep..... so, that leads one to think pigment shortage (which without getting into politics, like 70% of the world's supply of a major ingredient in automotive paint originates from the Ukraine..... so there's that)

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Try Quadratec, they carry the Mopar touch up pens and 5 Oz cans, dont know what their stick levels look like though.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Local body shop should be able to mix it for you, easy-peasy.

Sponsored

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Paid for installation of bumper/winch - they scratched my grill. Went to 3 dealers for touch-up, they can not help.

Mopar.com National eStore
9:17 AM (2 hours ago)

Good morning,
Currently, touch up paint through Mopar is going through an unplanned supplier change that has pended all factory orders through the end of march. So at the moment I cannot fulfill your order. I will go ahead and cancel your order and issue you a full refund. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Yeah, it's a PITA right now. I called Customer Care and they told me to call dealerships. I tried a Mopar parts store in San Antonio, TX, but they didn't have it. However, they gave me a bunch of dealerships in my area that supposedly had it in stock based on what was showing on the computer screen. I did locate the last white pen at a dealership in PA that was willing to sell it to me. It's crazy how much work you have to do on your own these days. You would think the dealership that sold you the Jeep would go the extra mile to help you, but no. Instead, they act like they did you favor by selling their Jeep to you. This Country is a mess!

ColoradoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I couldn't find it at mopar online or any local dealerships in December, but I did find mopar/Jeep touchup paint pens at automotivetouchup.com--in stock in December even though Mopar was out and the dealerships were out. Shipped within a few days. I wonder if they're running out now, but they had firecracker red a few weeks ago.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
On a slightly off topic note:

so, that leads one to think pigment shortage (which without getting into politics, like 70% of the world's supply of a major ingredient in automotive paint originates from the Ukraine..... so there's that)
I did not know this! Wow! Interesting 🤔
Sponsored