No muffler

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
For those that have done the dynomax pipe, how does the sound compare vs just having the muffler removed? I have been running no muffler for a couple of weeks to see how the sound it and its louder than I would like. Too much droning. Does having the exhaust exit out the back eliminate some of that? Just looking for people experience that have tried it both ways. Ive been wading through search results but havent found an answer.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Having the exhaust exit under the floor of the Jeep will result in more droning since that resonance isn't exiting right away. I'm very happy w/ the Dynomax tone, although I never went straight commando for comparison, but the pipe exiting @ the rear bumper will be a better tone in the cabin for sure vs under the floor!

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Went from stock, to Borla S-Type then to Dynomax muffler delete

Wish I had gone this route earlier on, Borla was nice but eventually too quiet for my taste. Sold to a friend

CE22125B-35AB-4B37-BC04-4A24B38CFBD8.jpeg

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
Nice!
Not over the top, and not too quiet!

Went from stock, to Borla S-Type then to Dynomax muffler delete

Wish I had gone this route earlier on, Borla was nice but eventually too quiet for my taste. Sold to a friend

CE22125B-35AB-4B37-BC04-4A24B38CFBD8.jpeg

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For those that have done the dynomax pipe, how does the sound compare vs just having the muffler removed? I have been running no muffler for a couple of weeks to see how the sound it and its louder than I would like. Too much droning. Does having the exhaust exit out the back eliminate some of that? Just looking for people experience that have tried it both ways. Ive been wading through search results but havent found an answer.
Yes okie Redneck fix with cherry bomb glass pack

3DC7FA8D-03C9-4619-94AE-CACC52640DFE.jpeg

0482296C-F53C-4F7F-8B69-0D1A5D5640F2.jpeg

27F1D095-DCEF-43BD-92B6-B17818803433.jpeg

C9A498D7-9FDE-430D-BECE-CCBC5CD08748.jpeg

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I added the dynomax delete pipe a couple of days ago. The jury is still out on the sound for me. I absolutely love the clearance and the weight savings (-20lbs) so I don't want to replace it.

Around town it's very nice. The concern for me is highway cruising. Since I'm lifted on 37's, I'm mostly in between 2000-2500 RPM in 6th and 7th gear. I rarely get into 8th. 6th gear at that RPM is not very pleasant sounding. A little ricer IMO. 7th is a little better but not great. Around 3000 RPM and above, it is a little woofy and boomy and a little too high pitched. Maybe it will grow on me. IDK. I don't mind a little volume, but the added volume needs to be pleasant.

My question is for @DynoMax Exhaust ; Do you have a axle back system for the JL where you can retain the delete pipe to maintain that clearance but change out the stock resonator for a better sound? Or, can I get an Ultraflow muffler by itself and just install it after the resonator? Just trying to come up with all my options here. Thanks.

Last edited:

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i have the flowmaster delete pipe on my 2 door rubicon. yeah, it was too tight to slip on, but a quick trip to a shop, he threw it on his expander and opened it up just a bit, and it slid on like butter. sounds great, and i have my muffler still in good shape for when/if i decide to trade it in for a diesel. gonna miss the sound if i do.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I added the dynomax delete pipe a couple of days ago. The jury is still out on the sound for me. I absolutely love the clearance and the weight savings (-20lbs) so I don't want to replace it.

Around town it's very nice. The concern for me is highway cruising. Since I'm lifted on 37's, I'm mostly in between 2000-2500 RPM in 6th and 7th gear. I rarely get into 8th. 6th gear at that RPM is not very pleasant sounding. A little ricer IMO. 7th is a little better but not great. Around 3000 RPM and above, it is a little woofy and boomy and a little too high pitched. Maybe it will grow on me. IDK. I don't mind a little volume, but the added volume needs to be pleasant.

My question is for @DynoMax Exhaust ; Do you have a axle back system for the JL where you can retain the delete pipe to maintain that clearance but change out the stock resonator for a better sound? Or, can I get an Ultraflow muffler by itself and just install it after the resonator? Just trying to come up with all my options here. Thanks.
I'd say run it for a few weeks, it's going to be more dramatic at first but that can be said for most changes to stock exhaust. I've gotten accustomed to the tone and like it just fine, but I'm old and spent too much time in the front row of hard rock concerts so there's that :)

Scollier

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.getfused.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Marketing and Technology
With dynomax delete mod any issues with the Jeep warranty when you bring it in for maintenance?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With dynomax delete mod any issues with the Jeep warranty when you bring it in for maintenance?
It's possible, but it's well past any O2 sensors. Might want to save your original tin can and remount it if you're taking your Jeep in for any Engine related issues. The remount would only take like 15-20 minutes.

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I'd say run it for a few weeks, it's going to be more dramatic at first but that can be said for most changes to stock exhaust. I've gotten accustomed to the tone and like it just fine, but I'm old and spent too much time in the front row of hard rock concerts so there's that :)
Definitely going to give it some time. I do like it as a whole. The added clearance, the improved look, and the weight reduction (-20lbs) are reasons enough for me to stick with it. If I want to get it more quiet, I think I'd have to go the custom route. One of the issues is that I have a 2 door and there is really no room for both the resonator and a muffler. It's either or for me.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Definitely going to give it some time. I do like it as a whole. The added clearance, the improved look, and the weight reduction (-20lbs) are reasons enough for me to stick with it. If I want to get it more quiet, I think I'd have to go the custom route. One of the issues is that I have a 2 door and there is really no room for both the resonator and a muffler. It's either or for me.
Mine's a 2dr too, that intermediate resonator does a pretty nice job IMO, I've had other V6 exhausts that were much more obtrusive in the cabin, especially in the 1800 rpm "drone-zone".

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just installed the dynomax on my JLUR, sounds good hardly noticeable on highway with the wind and 37" tires. Kind of sounds like a buggy now, at least if I dont like it only spent 100 bucks.

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Removed my Volant intake to hear more of the Dynomax exhaust

It sounds absolutely beautiful now
Sponsored