No more XR package?

drbell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited extreme recon
Was told today while ordering my 23 JULR that on Friday it was announced that for the time being at least no more XR package for all trims.
I recently got my 2022 delivery end of june for an XR. My understanding was that they could not accommodate getting the vehicle out of the door in the factory and they had to drop the suspension and then lift it back up after it was out. This may be a factor. They may need to make their doors higher.
Sponsored

DystyC

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I recently got my 2022 delivery end of june for an XR. My understanding was that they could not accommodate getting the vehicle out of the door in the factory and they had to drop the suspension and then lift it back up after it was out. This may be a factor. They may need to make their doors higher.
Wow. They really shouldn't admit to something like that! 😂

DystyC

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
This thr

From what I've been reading here and from my own experience, the trackers are mostly garbage and probably end up causing more anxiety rather than peace of mind because they all rely on a single source of info...Jeep's databases. There seems to be no pattern at all for why one order will sit in a particular status for months while others zip along to completed in a few weeks.

As for your order being stuck in Production, I think you should be ok, as I've yet to see anyone post that their in production vehicle ended up without a major option like that on delivery or that their order was cancelled or something. If that starts happening...whoa boy 🤣

At least Jeep isn't doing what GM has...sending incomplete vehicles to dealer lots and sending parts later for the dealers to complete themselves. Imagine seeing your order sitting in your dealer lot and all you could do is stare, waiting for a part to arrive and get installed 😆
Yeah, I think you're spot on about all of that. I hear Ford is doing some silly crap, too... Shipping orders out that are missing options. (After they took 14 months to get it to the dealership in the first place!)

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
I ordered my '23 XR on June 20th. It finally went into Production on August 28th. But it's been stuck there ever since. I've never ordered a Jeep before, so I don't know how long it stays in production... But over 3 weeks feels like a pretty long time for that stage of the process. And I've been suspicious as to whether or not they might be waiting on backordered parts. Ugh!!
I contacted Jeep Chat and they said it was still on track to be delivered by Oct 8th.
We'll see. But this thread is making me nervous. LOL
The tracker said mine was in production for more than three weeks. It was delivered to the dealer at about the three week mark, and I picked it up a week later. Only after I picked it up did the tracker update. Call your dealer and ask them for an update. They have much better information.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
The tracker said mine was in production for more than three weeks. It was delivered to the dealer at about the three week mark, and I picked it up a week later. Only after I picked it up did the tracker update. Call your dealer and ask them for an update. They have much better information.
Yep. Same. The tracker is definitely delayed a bit.

DystyC

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys

I've heard of that happening! Thanks! I'm just so impatient. 🤦🏻‍♀️ The app says estimated delivery of 10.8.
My salesman showed me his order screen and it still says it's supposed to be shipped Sept 2nd. 🤔 So, there's some discrepancy.
Here's to hoping my experience is like yours!!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

As for your order being stuck in Production, I think you should be ok, as I've yet to see anyone post that their in production vehicle ended up without a major option like that on delivery or that their order was cancelled or something. If that starts happening...whoa boy 🤣
Are you thinking that no vehicles fail inspection?

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest order guide confirms other reports here that XR is only gone for the 392.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
I have been order confirmed since June 10 with a VIN. As of 9/1, it is in D status now. It's a 392 XR
D Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available. Next code is D1, scheduled to be built.

Hope they don't look in a parts box and say oh oh, ran out lol
My xr 392 ordered 6/8 was delivered two weeks ago.Abouu every option and halfs.It something how there ordering and building works ..I don’t think allocations mean anything now anyways .It’s a customer sold order anyways

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I've heard of that happening! Thanks! I'm just so impatient. 🤦🏻‍♀️ The app says estimated delivery of 10.8.
My salesman showed me his order screen and it still says it's supposed to be shipped Sept 2nd. 🤔 So, there's some discrepancy.
Here's to hoping my experience is like yours!!
When did you order?

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Was yours a 22 or 23? Its a mess! I hope they stick to what the D status is supposed to mean above .D Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available. At least thats what I found. If not, I will figure it on when the albatross lands in a few years lol.

I don't care about the allocation part so much and I believe you are correct, I will get it. At least thats what the Jeep rep told my dealer when I originally put the order in and the ordering manager called them. I was worried months ago when it was stalled. But I do care about the all parts available part of the D status. If its a regular 392, I will amp up my own suspension and throw a stroker in it lmao
23 order.From what Mydealers rep said materials hold on alot of them now .And the other xr 392 customers orders not sure what will happen .I think that’s bullshit if that true

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Ordered 392XR on June 18th, still in D status. Thought the holdup was because I ordered half doors and SOT, not so sure anymore.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
My 392 XR is in D as well. I ordered on 7-30, I have a VON and a VIN so…I am hoping that I am good to go.
Sponsored