Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2021 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal
Vehicle Showcase
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
Was down in Florida last week in a rental JLU and went from Tampa to Lakeland to Orlando. Waved at everyone I passed and not one wave back the entire time I was there. Sad!
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
I always wave...don't always get one back though. I'm in North Jersey across the Bridge from NYC. I wave at JLs, JKs, TJs, and even the rare CJ if I spot one. Seems like a lot of the TJ owners wave back, the newer ones, not as often.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Long Islander here in a 2020 JLUR (Deer Park to be exact). I get plenty of waves and start plenty too. Where exactly in the Metro area are you? If you are anywhere in the five boroughs then forget it. The drivers are typical obnoxious NYC drivers who want to cut others off just so that they can go wait on the next red light. I wouldn’t expect many waves from anyone living in the five boroughs.

Been driving since 2005 when I was 18. To this day, I can never understand what type of bug the NYC drivers have up their ass. They cut others off and then drive even slower for example, merge at the very last moment and dont believe in using blinkers or looking around when changing lanes. The worst are my fellow Indian drivers, esp the Yellow Cabbies and the Uber Drivers. I myself am Indian, born and raised in India till the age of 13. I feel like sometimes stopping them in the middle of road and slap the shit out of the unsafe taxi drivers due to their reckless driving. Too bad that can now get you 25 years in prison after that idiot DeBlasio passed a law.
Long Islander here too. Tons of waves since getting my 18 JLU and now 21 JL Willys. I'd say 75% of the time I pass another Wrangler I get a wave.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Maybe they are all down here in good ‘ol Florida! All of the NY plates wave and smile back here for some odd reason...😊

Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Don’t worry I get the same reaction, even modified Jeep’s don’t wave back. I feel like an idiot when they just stare at me

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Long Islander here in a 2020 JLUR (Deer Park to be exact). I get plenty of waves and start plenty too. Where exactly in the Metro area are you? If you are anywhere in the five boroughs then forget it. The drivers are typical obnoxious NYC drivers who want to cut others off just so that they can go wait on the next red light. I wouldn’t expect many waves from anyone living in the five boroughs.

Been driving since 2005 when I was 18. To this day, I can never understand what type of bug the NYC drivers have up their ass. They cut others off and then drive even slower for example, merge at the very last moment and dont believe in using blinkers or looking around when changing lanes. The worst are my fellow Indian drivers, esp the Yellow Cabbies and the Uber Drivers. I myself am Indian, born and raised in India till the age of 13. I feel like sometimes stopping them in the middle of road and slap the shit out of the unsafe taxi drivers due to their reckless driving. Too bad that can now get you 25 years in prison after that idiot DeBlasio passed a law.
I seriously think slapping the sh!t out of someone should be a $25 fine. Manners on and off road would vastly improve.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired

1. Pissed that people don't wave.
2. Want to "slap the shit" out of others..and damn that DeBlasio for felony laws.....🙄

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
1. Pissed that people don't wave.
2. Want to "slap the shit" out of others..and damn that DeBlasio for felony laws.....🙄
DeBlasio logic: slap a cabbie and you get 25 years. Yet you can catch and release for other bigger crimes. Heck those guys even get baseball tickets for seeing their
parole officer regularly! He totally ruined a city that was once the epicentre of American businesses.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
DeBlasio logic: slap a cabbie and you get 25 years. Yet you can catch and release for other bigger crimes. Heck those guys even get baseball tickets for seeing their
parole officer regularly! He totally ruined a city that was once the epicentre of American businesses.
Box seats rock. 🗽

Sponsored

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
We travel all over and try to wave as much as possible. There are times where I am busy driving, and I'm sure some that we wave at are busy too. The majority wave back (admittedly it can be difficult to see waves through the windshield).

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I live in NYC...I am about in the 75% range on getting waves...10% middle finger cause I drive slow due to all the red ight cameras, and 15% young kids don't wave because I could be their father

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You might not get waves in Utah either depending on where you are. It's not that common in urban/suburban areas, mainly because you'd be waving every mile or two. It seems like Jeeps and Subarus are half the vehicles on the road. But out in the middle of nowhere desert the wave can easily become a 30+ minute conversation if not a caravan.
Sponsored