Sponsored

No Jeep waves here :(

JLTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR MT
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Try a lift and bigger tires. That helped us lol

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I live in the Albany area and 90% of Jeepers wave. Not sure how close you have to get to NYC for that to stop.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
As a new Jeep owner, I haven’t experienced a single Jeep wave yet! I waved to almost all the Jeep’s I’ve seen and I think they just look at me strange. NY area. Guess I should stop waving - lol. Anyone in a 100 mile radius of NYC get/give waves?
Here in Monmouth County NJ they're waving.....🥳

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't initiate the wave, because there's so many Wranglers where I live, it counts as distracted driving to wave at ALL of them. I'll return a wave and if there's a cute lady driving, she gets an initiated wave from me, but everybody else, meh.
:)

Anyone visit buildasign.com, and make your own magnetic bumper stickers? What do you think of this one I made:

Jeep Wrangler JL No Jeep waves here :( 1618151514294

Sponsored

CulpMinMn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2001 TJ, 2014 WK2

The extreme explosion in popularity of the Jeep Wrangler has catered to the degradation of the Jeep wave. It used to be a small club of ownership. I’ve been driving my 01TJ for forever and in the production year only about 68K wranglers were produced. Now Jeep is producing those numbers in a measly five months.

New owners not knowing the hierarchy of the wave and paying respect to the older generation wranglers that have been denting their fenders and oils pans on boulders long before the JL was even envisioned caters to no one waving.

I know that when I drive my modified TJ There is a distinct difference in the amount of Jeep waves and who initiates them comparison to when I drive the JLURD that I just ordered.

Even with the diminishing Jeep wave I think that Wrangler owners still look after each other. I know that if i am ever stranded on the side of the road in my TJ I know that the first person to stop and check on me would be another wrangler.

Cheers,

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Even with the diminishing Jeep wave I think that Wrangler owners still look after each other. I know that if i am ever stranded on the side of the road in my TJ I know that the first person to stop and check on me would be another wrangler.

Cheers,
Or ironically they would wave as they pass....😅🗽

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Long Islander here in a 2020 JLUR (Deer Park to be exact). I get plenty of waves and start plenty too. Where exactly in the Metro area are you? If you are anywhere in the five boroughs then forget it. The drivers are typical obnoxious NYC drivers who want to cut others off just so that they can go wait on the next red light. I wouldn’t expect many waves from anyone living in the five boroughs.

Been driving since 2005 when I was 18. To this day, I can never understand what type of bug the NYC drivers have up their ass. They cut others off and then drive even slower for example, merge at the very last moment and dont believe in using blinkers or looking around when changing lanes. The worst are my fellow Indian drivers, esp the Yellow Cabbies and the Uber Drivers. I myself am Indian, born and raised in India till the age of 13. I feel like sometimes stopping them in the middle of road and slap the shit out of the unsafe taxi drivers due to their reckless driving. Too bad that can now get you 25 years in prison after that idiot DeBlasio passed a law.
Sponsored

Last edited: