New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
My local Discount Tire called BF Goodrich couple days ago to order them and was told it will ship out today or Monday from BF Goodrich. Expected to arrive end of next week or the week after. Price is $358. Though it's so new I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.
So you actually ordered from Discount Tire?
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I called yesterday and DT dosent show it in their system. The rep said he will call Michellin on Monday.

Custom Offsets said the same thing in a email as well.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
My 17 Raptor came with the 35 C rated K02's. Only lasted 12k miles. I have the E rated on now and have 25k on them with plenty of tread left. I have known other Raptor owners with the original C rated tires that have gotten less then 10k miles.

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
So you actually ordered from Discount Tire?
Yes I placed order with DT. It's a verbal order as they never charged me or printed out any paperwork since it's new and not in their system. They never mentioned anything about corporate but they definitely contacted Michelin (who owns BFG) directly and that's why it's being shipped from manufacturer and not some DT distribution warehouse. They said MSRP is $358, presumably info obtained from Michelin. Hope that helps?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Yes I placed order with DT. It's a verbal order as they never charged me or printed out any paperwork since it's new and not in their system. They never mentioned anything about corporate but they definitely contacted Michelin (who owns BFG) directly and that's why it's being shipped from manufacturer and not some DT distribution warehouse. They said MSRP is $358, presumably info obtained from Michelin. Hope that helps?
Can you tell me the store number or address of the store you ordered from? I want to link your store with my local store to share info.

Sponsored

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
A google search on "raptor ko2 tread life" will give a better sense. There are Raptor owners who report 10K-20K which I totally believe, but also owners who report 30K-40K. This little exchange on raptor forum is the nugget.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 1623003911688

Is there any info to suggest the 315 KO2 Load C's mounted on a JL won't get the same tread life as the factory Rubicon 285? It's a separate (and also useful) point that Load E tend to outlast Load C...I didn't know that was a thing.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
So the verdict is still out on this tire?

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I completely disagree, I had a 2019 raptor with factory c rated BFGs and swapped them to the JLU I had at the time, put 14000 miles on them on the raptor and another 3000 on the wrangler then swapped them over to my gladiator which has about 5 or 6k miles now and they look great....will probably get 40-50k out of them. Best tire I have ever owned for traction, treadwear, looks....I actually wish they would wear out faster so I could swap on 37s

if it helps I ran them at 37psi in the raptor and now around 32-34psi

A google search on "raptor ko2 tread life" will give a better sense. There are Raptor owners who report 10K-20K which I totally believe, but also owners who report 30K-40K. This little exchange on raptor forum is the nugget.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 1623003911688

Is there any info to suggest the 315 KO2 Load C's mounted on a JL won't get the same tread life as the factory Rubicon 285? It's a separate (and also useful) point that Load E tend to outlast Load C...I didn't know that was a thing.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a friend with a 2018 raptor, 36,000 miles, original tread with a good amount left

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
I completely disagree, I had a 2019 raptor with factory c rated BFGs and swapped them to the JLU I had at the time, put 14000 miles on them on the raptor and another 3000 on the wrangler then swapped them over to my gladiator which has about 5 or 6k miles now and they look great....will probably get 40-50k out of them. Best tire I have ever owned for traction, treadwear, looks....I actually wish they would wear out faster so I could swap on 37s

if it helps I ran them at 37psi in the raptor and now around 32-34psi
That's exactly my suspicion. Some people get little miles out of it but many more who are getting the expected life. Conclusion should only be drawn with big enough of dataset. Or at least awareness how the owners are driving them. When I got tires for my S2000 I never think in terms of how many miles, I think how many track days will I get. For other S2000 owners who don't track their car the fact mine lasts 9000 miles isn't a useful number to them. Literally "your mileage may vary".

I totally expect the Raptor 315 and 37" Load C to last just as long as the stock Rubicon 285 Load C (which I'm happy with).

Sponsored

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
There are people that will drive them until there the tires are bald. I am in CO and changed them out when they were under 5 tread life left for safety reasons. Yes I could have put more miles on them but didn't want to risk safety for mileage. As for driving, used the Raptor as a daily driver and I tend to drive on the modest side vs aggressive.

Note, nothing against people buying the tire.. just think maybe wait until the E rated comes out and pay a little more.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Has anyone actually confirmed that these are ready for the general public immediately?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Some people get little miles out of it but many more who are getting the expected life.
I totally expect the Raptor 315 and 37" Load C to last just as long as the stock Rubicon 285 Load C (which I'm happy with).
On a truck tire the difference between driving around empty (a lot of people seem to do that on Raptors) and driving full of people and/or hauling load and/or towing is massive on tire wear. Also, driving those tires on the Jeep or Raptor at 55MPH vs 80MPH has a *huge* effect on wear rates.

All the reports 10K, 20K, 30K may be, in fact, correct - those folks simply used their trucks differently.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are pictures
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 541EFFAB-6F26-46E6-89C2-123662DDF615
Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 72DD15BA-2A8F-44D0-86D3-5FC81E0F30FC
of mine with 21,000 miles

i drive moderate 50mph on back roads, 75mph highway and rotate every 5,000

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Anyone only getting 12k miles out of these tires is running the piss out of them! I can completely agree it is possible especially since the Raptor has a LOT more power then a Jeep! But if you are going to jack rabbit start at about every single light and drive at high speeds then yes you can only expect 12-15K miles out of a C load tire! The other 95% of people that will be driving a Jeep and normal will easily see 40K miles!!! Now for those buying the 392 Jeep same thing if you are going to drive it way more aggressively then a normal Jeep personally I would probably step up to the D load range tire it should last a little longer!
Sponsored