• Watchers 16

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
79294802-220F-485D-B419-ABB02D47EADE.jpeg
7CB81787-A239-44CC-AD40-04E6E1AAE75B.jpeg
So upset my baby girl is only 3 months old and already some prick touched her:devil::angry::angry::brokenhearted:
Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
First I really hate to see that :(

But stopping by a local detail shop to ask for their advice to remove the nicks may prove helpful. Myself I haven't washed and cleaned a vehicle in years since I normally go to a car wash. But that will change once I get my Jeep since I'll want to care for her myself :):jk:

Justtiffmonae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara Unlimited
First I really hate to see that :(

But stopping by a local detail shop to ask for their advice to remove the nicks may prove helpful. Myself I haven't washed and cleaned a vehicle in years since I normally go to a car wash. But that will change once I get my Jeep since I'll want to care for her myself :):jk:
Ugh trust me I’m so upset about it, thanks for your advice

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As stated it’s best that go to a detail shop to seek their input but the plastic if gauged will be hard to repair short of replacement, you could try using some low grit sandpaper and then work you way to a finer grit then apply something like wipe new made by Rustolemum to restore the black color back but before attempting this contact a detail or Body Shop, sorry to see this happen to your new ride.

Sponsored

robcbar1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I sat on the passenger side today and the wind noise is coming from a small section on the angled part of the door, the door itself has a very solid sound when closing and no leaks and sometimes it’s louder than other times, when I was it there seems to be no leaks. I mentioned it to my better half and she told me if I wanted super posh and quiet I should have purchased a BMW :like:
I picked up my JLU Sahara on Friday and noticed the same wind noise coming from the passenger side, as if a window is cracked open. I checked the forum and it sounds like Jeep knows about it? Anyone have any thoughts? Other than that, I'm loving it!

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Does anyone recommend anything that could get rid of that look??:crying:
Depending on a few factors, those plastic bumpers respond very well to heat guns. On my JK, I was able to run one over it to soften the plastic a bit and let the scuffs blend out.

You have to be patient, as you can create a melted mess if done wrong.

Hope that helps.

gilbert1920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara jl
I picked up my JLU Sahara on Friday and noticed the same wind noise coming from the passenger side, as if a window is cracked open. I checked the forum and it sounds like Jeep knows about it? Anyone have any thoughts? Other than that, I'm loving it!
Is that noise coming from premium soft top?

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Check the window seal. One day my wife was saying she heard wind noise that I didn’t hear. She said it sounded like the window was open. She looked at the top of the window and noticed the weatherstripping had folded up a bit in the window seal. Rolled window down and fixed it and no more noises. Worth a look.

Sponsored

owltown

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2L turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Put the tire pressure at 37 psi cold as per door sticker or whatever the Sahara sticker says. Followed advice on this site for out Rubicon and it made a significant difference.
Correct Tire pressure made a BIG difference for me also. JLU Sahara . Look at your door sticker regarding tire pressure. It make a difference.s .

m27bpope

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20108 JL Sting Gray
I keep reading on the forums 37psi...The inside of my door says 36psi. Planning on doing this tomorrow morning. The most frustrating thing is when you tell the dealer about an issue and they just chalk it up as...."it's a Jeep"

I didn't get the sound assassin strips because they are permanent and cannot be removed. If we ever get rid of the Jeep in the future I want to keep the hothead liners to recoup some of the cost. The 3M tape / Velcro should be fairly easy to get off.
It is a Jeep, wind noise, ya deal with it, I am sure you knew Jeeps have a lot of wind noise do to that windshield angle. Anybody trying to worry about 1psi is being way to anal. Tire pressure varies so much, depending on if it has been sitting, the outside temp, how you are driving. In the morning it can be 37 and then you drive it can be 43, or it can just be 95 outside and it will different than when it is 60. Be in the ballpark, you positively can not notice a 1psi difference, be in the range and you are good. Why would you buy a new car and worry about crap in case of resale, put the sound strips on properly, nobody is going to pay you anything for them when they are used.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
It is a Jeep, wind noise, ya deal with it, I am sure you knew Jeeps have a lot of wind noise do to that windshield angle. Anybody trying to worry about 1psi is being way to anal. Tire pressure varies so much, depending on if it has been sitting, the outside temp, how you are driving. In the morning it can be 37 and then you drive it can be 43, or it can just be 95 outside and it will different than when it is 60. Be in the ballpark, you positively can not notice a 1psi difference, be in the range and you are good. Why would you buy a new car and worry about crap in case of resale, put the sound strips on properly, nobody is going to pay you anything for them when they are used.
1 psi may not matter to the guy with the jeep from far in the future, but these 2018s are sensitive. Where did you get the 20108 JL? Im kind of surprised that they went back to the JL moniker so far in the future, but I guess nobody from then would remember the 2018 version. :cwl::cwl::cwl:

I agree, 1 psi you will never notice, going from 43 to 36 does make a big difference though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18624

The TPMS is very sensative so 1psi does make a difference.

Also I'm sure I'll have no problem selling my hothead headliners if I get rid of my Jeep in the future.
Sponsored