Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I sat on the passenger side today and the wind noise is coming from a small section on the angled part of the door, the door itself has a very solid sound when closing and no leaks and sometimes it’s louder than other times, when I was it there seems to be no leaks. I mentioned it to my better half and she told me if I wanted super posh and quiet I should have purchased a BMW :like:
Sponsored

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
I’m coming from a 12 year old Mazda Miata with all of its buzzes and rattles. I’m ordering a premium soft top JLUS. I think I’ll be ok with the noise. :)

What tires do you have, all weather or all terrain? That may make a difference.

I’m also in the DFW area (Plano). What dealership did you buy from? Do you think you got a good deal? Just wondering since I’m trying to decide who to place my order with.

Thanks and have a blast in the new Jeep this weekend!

Shaun

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
not another one of these threads... Jeeps have wind noise.... And My rubicon jlu tracks way straighter than either of my JK's but probably not as straight as your carola did ... RE: steering, there was just a sector shaft recall... go git'er checked out.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I have the premium soft top and the wind noise is very minimal. I do hear OTHER car noise when they're around me (especially the trucks and cycles) and tire noise (on stock Rubicon wheels) but coming from someone who's owned Jeeps for years, I don't mind those.

vanderbilt15

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Rubicon JL
I’m coming from a 12 year old Mazda Miata with all of its buzzes and rattles. I’m ordering a premium soft top JLUS. I think I’ll be ok with the noise. :)

What tires do you have, all weather or all terrain? That may make a difference.

I’m also in the DFW area (Plano). What dealership did you buy from? Do you think you got a good deal? Just wondering since I’m trying to decide who to place my order with.

Thanks and have a blast in the new Jeep this weekend!

Shaun
I bought from meador. Well below invoice. Long drive but great experience. I’m in Frisco.

Sponsored

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
I bought from meador. Well below invoice. Long drive but great experience. I’m in Frisco.
Meador in Fort Worth? That’s not bad compared to Little Rock where I’m also considering going to place an order. :) I’ll give Meador a call. Thanks!

Shaun

OP
OP

Deleted member 18624

Update: I checked all my tire pressure last night. All tires were reading at 45psi with the gauge :surprised: Lowered them down to 37. Seems to be driving better but I do need to look into the recall.

Also for Bad Juju, I got my Jeep from McKinney Dodge, I feel like they worked pretty hard at getting us a good deal.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Mine are at 37 psi with no change. Tires don't make a Jeep wonder all over the road. Alignment specs, suspension geometry, steering hardware, etc. are the types of things that will do that.

I'm awaiting more information about the new steering recall that came out today. I'm curious if this could be linked to that.

Just know that you aren't alone. A LOT of people are noticing the horrible JL steering. Please report it to Jeep so we can get a fix!
Having rock hard tires can and does make a huge difference to the steering. Mine came from dealer with 45 psi and it wandered everywhere. At 36 psi it’s smooth and straight.

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Update: I checked all my tire pressure last night. All tires were reading at 45psi with the gauge :surprised: Lowered them down to 37. Seems to be driving better but I do need to look into the recall.

Also for Bad Juju, I got my Jeep from McKinney Dodge, I feel like they worked pretty hard at getting us a good deal.
Thanks for the info.

Shaun

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
If you are getting wind noise at the door, may need to be adjusted. I know regular car doors can be slightly adjusted. I am assuming Jeeps can be as well. If it is coming from the windshield, someone on here has written a post to adjust windshield hinges to help with that noise. It seems there are many people complaining about wind noise and many others saying it is extremely quiet so my guess is that it is adjustments needed to fix the noise. If it was a design issue, everyone would be experiencing it. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 18624

If you are getting wind noise at the door, may need to be adjusted. I know regular car doors can be slightly adjusted. I am assuming Jeeps can be as well. If it is coming from the windshield, someone on here has written a post to adjust windshield hinges to help with that noise. It seems there are many people complaining about wind noise and many others saying it is extremely quiet so my guess is that it is adjustments needed to fix the noise. If it was a design issue, everyone would be experiencing it. Hope that helps.
I hear ya....If I bring it to the dealer chances are they will tell me "it's a Jeep"

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I thought my Element was louder than the JLU Rubis I drove around in.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I hear ya....If I bring it to the dealer chances are they will tell me "it's a Jeep"
Ya, seems to be the consensus here. Dealers just blame it on being a Jeep. That being said, if you are comfortable playing around with the hinges, you may be able to get it adjusted for less noise.

gilbert1920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara jl
My JLU Sahara has wind noise as well and sounds like it’s coming from the passenger side but it’s hard to tell as I am on the driver side, my tires as well were 45-48 lbs cold and I lowered to 35 and it rides and drives very smooth and straight, no pulling or drifting, the wind noise comes and goes so I am not gonna be to concerned as it may just be design so maybe I can have my wife drive it and I can ride in the passenger seat and see if it’s me or the Jeep
Lowered my tire pressure to 35, drives much much better.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@gilbert1920

I'm running 34# and it sure makes a difference. Chalk test indicates 34# is aok. Be sure to telescopic out your steering wheel. Positioning of wheel will make a difference. Just try it, don't disregard the suggestion to telescope steering wheel.
Sponsored