First Time Jeep Owner - 600 miles so far, tried to get muddy

MallCrawlLol

First Name
Rick Astley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jlu 6mt
I have a Rubicon 6MT, just passed 600 miles. I mainly use it for commuting to work, in all its 15mpg glory. Never had a Jeep before, but been very interested in the JLU since I noticed they got refreshed, so I picked one up about a month ago and really like it.

While out on a motorcycle ride a few weeks ago, I passed some construction nearby and noticed there was a lot of dirt in the field. Unfortunately today, I got totally lost on the same exact backroad and had to use that field to turn around. What a coincidence! I put the Jeep in 4h and used the field to turn around so I could head back the other way on the road. The Ruby's tires of course handled it perfectly fine. Since I'm still getting used to the throttle and clutch, I accidentally did some doughnuts 2 or 3 times.

It doesn't look that muddy in the pics for some reason. I was really trying to get it that completely covered look, but I think the mud was too thick and not enough water. It was only a few minutes, but an absolute blast. Brought me back to my hooligan days of high school in the Midwest when I would go mudrunning in my 1992 mercury sable. There were fields for days out there, unlike Northern VA.

I'm not sure how mudrunning fits into my break-in period...don't really care! Also, is it normal for the rear plastic windows to have that indent at the top of them? Doesn't look completely flat, haven't gotten a chance to really take a look yet.

First day I got her:
CpFYJN9.jpg

After the mud field:
Wv4xeQK.jpg

lH37XUF.jpg
Sponsored