First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
Picked up our JLU Sahara last Friday from the dealer. So far we are liking. Technology wise, this Jeep is far more advanced than I expected. Overall should be a fun vehicle.

My only 2 complaints so far are:

1. I cannot get this Jeep to drive straight. It is all over the road and I am constantly having to correct the steering. Even at slow speeds 30-40 mph. Tire pressure is high and I am planning on adjusting it the weekend. Hope this resolves the issue.

Current tire pressure:
43 45
45 43

2. The wind noise! Pretty sure it's coming from the front window. I ordered some hothead headliners but I'm not sure that going to do anything for me if it's the front window. The Jeep is white so we haven't had any issues with it being too hot. I mainly bought the headliners for some noise reduction.

Anyway I know these seem to be common issues among current JLU owners but just wanted to document in case Jeep customer service is reading.
By getting updates to this forum by e-mail, I have decided to wait until 2019 and see how those compare to the 2018. Just too many folks having issues with this vehicle. Life is too short at my age to have to spend all that time at the dealer for warranty work.
Sponsored

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
By getting updates to this forum by e-mail, I have decided to wait until 2019 and see how those compare to the 2018. Just too many folks having issues with this vehicle. Life is too short at my age to have to spend all that time at the dealer for warranty work.
I'm with you. I am waiting for the 2019s for Off Road Pages, tan soft top, and to see what updates and colors are available. Although, I'm pretty sure that whatever I order is going to be Firecracker Red. :)

Last edited:

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara's steering is "touchy" and I have to be a little more vigilant than I'd like to keep her on the straight and narrow.
But then I was used to an '04 Rubi for 14 years, too. My JL's steering is sensitive and requires pretty much constant eye to hand control, but I'm getting used to it. Face it ... every car steers a tad differently.
Wind noise is about what I expected. My '04 Rubi had a hard top as well, and it was noisier than the JL, so I'm not complaining.
What I am complaining about is all the recalls, some of them for stupid stuff. FCA better get there shite together.

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
My Sahara's steering is "touchy" and I have to be a little more vigilant than I'd like to keep her on the straight and narrow.
But then I was used to an '04 Rubi for 14 years, too. My JL's steering is sensitive and requires pretty much constant eye to hand control, but I'm getting used to it. Face it ... every car steers a tad differently.
Wind noise is about what I expected. My '04 Rubi had a hard top as well, and it was noisier than the JL, so I'm not complaining.
What I am complaining about is all the recalls, some of them for stupid stuff. FCA better get there shite together.
Honestly, as a first year model goes the recalls and issues are not that bad

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, meadow for the win. I have bought 2 there. Price and service are excellent!
Bought 2 from them......and I'm in Fayetteville, Arkansas! Trying to decide if I want to order a 2 door from them soon, as a 2nd Jeep......a back -up of sorts!
Sponsored