New JL Mildew Smell

Blizzy

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Hey y'all, I recently bought my 1st Jeep at the end of July. Its a white 4 door JLU sport with a soft top. I have 4500 miles on it & it has developed a strong mildew smell over the past few days. I cannot find where water is leaking in, I am in San Antonio & it hasn't rained in a week or so, but it is humid out. I have the Mopar mats for about a month & took an extra precaution and sealed the drain plug with all weather tape & carpet has stayed dry. Any ideas or places to point me in the right direction? Tired of my jeep smelling like farts:( Thank y'all in advance.
Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Hey y'all, I recently bought my 1st Jeep at the end of July. Its a white 4 door JLU sport with a soft top. I have 4500 miles on it & it has developed a strong mildew smell over the past few days. I cannot find where water is leaking in, I am in San Antonio & it hasn't rained in a week or so, but it is humid out. I have the Mopar mats for about a month & took an extra precaution and sealed the drain plug with all weather tape & carpet has stayed dry. Any ideas or places to point me in the right direction? Tired of my jeep smelling like farts:( Thank y'all in advance.
Funny, my Jeep smells like farts too...but I know the source.. !
Check your AC condenser drain pipe. Be sure it is draining under the car and not backing up or leaking onto the cabin floor through the heater core. I am not familiar with the exact design of the JL system, but this is not uncommon in many conventional systems.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
There have been some reported issues of the Jeep all weather floor mats with the drain not properly sealing which allows water under intrusion through the floor. The top of the carpet may be dry, but it may have wicked water away from the drain. Make sure to check the underside of the carpets.
Sponsored