MDRubicon

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
It’s normal. Did you take a look at all the stickers yet? Under the hood. On all the parts. Lay underneath, you’ll see more.
Not yet, too dark to look right now... will find out tomorrow.
Sponsored

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just took delivery of my 2022 JLUR 6 Speed, this thread is making me feel much better about the smell, I have it too.

OP
OP
MDRubicon

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
2021. I apparently have fat fingers
Yeah everyone is right (knocking on wood) it goes away after 100ish miles. Don’t believe it’s “stickers” per se, but certainly other NEW stuff burning up, etc.

Love driving my new JL, it’s become a hobby just to go driving after my wife goes to bed early...

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just to update I now have 250 miles on mine and the odor is gone. I’d say it lasted about 100-150 miles.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Just picked up my 2021 JLUR and I’ve noticed a clutch smell. I forget, is that normal for the first few 100 miles or so?

I did have the dealership install a Mopar lift with 35s, but that shouldn’t matter.

I’ve owned 3 other manual Jeep Wranglers (2 TJs and 1 JK) and this is my 2nd new vehicle. I may have just forgotten that this occurred when I purchased my 2016 JK Rubicon 6-speed... or at least that’s my hope, and that this happens with new manual Jeeps.

Every car/truck/jeep I’ve owned has been manual... so it’s def not my driving.
Could be a brake pad smell too as they are breaking in. And on the Rubicon, the smell of the tire rubber is the most dominant for a few days.
Sponsored