Not open for further replies.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I was at a nice steakhouse last week when a gentleman asked for ketchup for his Tomahawk steak ... and, he ate it like it was the best meal he ever ate. People were giving him weird looks, but as long as he likes it and pays for it, who are we to judge what makes someone else happy?

Except angry eyes, then we can judge ā€¦ :)
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
This, I can agree with. It's similar to some countries that people live in. They think it's the greatest because they were always told it was fact. It's like living in a camper with a shed add-on for a bedroom, surrounded by mansions and you're disgusted by their 8 bathrooms of marble.

But, today, boys will be girls, and some girls have beards....... What gives? Thanks for the coffee.
Iā€™m offendedā€¦
22FA3D02-CE11-431B-A7E9-DED821B5C4C3.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Good thread OP! TBH I don't care what anyone else does w/ their JL, just glad folks post what they've done so I can see if it's something I want to possibly add, avoid at all costs, a direction I want to go, parts that transfer over to another JL model, etc.

Threads that have been a big help are the ones like "mods that were regrettable, parts that failed, favorite mods, best bang for the buck," et al.

Like mentioned, if you post up something you've done have the proper skin thickness to deal w/ critique or just don't post pics lol.

Rubi4xE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry XSE (totaled)
This will be my first Jeep and I personally do not plan to heavily mod it. The most I plan to do is a 2in lift with 35s, Roof rack, Roof top tent and automatic running boards. Most of my money will be spent on camping necessities. I did not order a $70K Jeep to feel like it needed heavy modifications right from the jump. I hear JL/JLU's are more than capable off-road as stock without all the extra mods. But everyone also has their Jeep for the own personally uses.

I have seen some really nice mods, and also some excessive mods. But honestly who cares? if they like stock models, cool. If they enjoy over the top mods, also cool. Each their own. Shii call me a soccer mom, I'm cool with it. I'll just make you my step son/daughter. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Thanks, OP! Yes, a thread to kvetch about the negativity is ironic, but also fun to read through on this Thursday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We live in truly extraordinary times and places, especially when it comes to vehicles. Not only can we order a wide variety of niche vehicles, but we then have this incredible world-wide aftermarket for anything you can image. We can build just about any vehicle just about any way we want. We can completely change the look with a few parts or relatively cheap wrap.

There are a lot of build/customization options that I disagree with in many vehicles (and yes, often shake my head at), but that owner either found the vehicle that spoke to them or they made the connection to the vehicle that most of us have, and have invested themselves into customizing it. Power to them!

Now go drive your Jeep! We are of the rare breed that chose to trade on-road manners, road noise, mileage, etc. for the option to drive a 4-door convertible (okay, a few of you still drive 2-doors)! We can even easily and legally take the doors off! Good Shit.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
What was it that Spiro Agnew used to say? "Nattering Nabobs of Negativity" That was in the 1970's, so it's nothing new.

BTW, OP, your Jeep looks good.

dennis2society

First Name
dennis2society
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys - SOT - Etorque V6
Occupation
Procrastinator
The Chinese made angry grilles arenā€™t trying to be mean or aggressiveā€¦ theyā€™re just repping the slanted eyes ;):LOL: (Iā€™m Chinese so before anyone gets triggeredā€¦ Iā€™m making fun of myself).
what a clown.

jmh36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2021
3.5 inch lift, 37 inch Nitto ridge grapplers, adjustable front and rear lower control arms, and 0 time spent off-road. I love having a cool, fun car that I can add my own style to. I would love to take it off roading eventually, but not many options in Chicago for that. The people who try and "gate keep" certain upgrades are losers. To each their own, I will always wave back

Sponsored

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Iā€™m a believer you should be respectful to others as you would speak to one of your neighbors, yet we have gone overboard with what we call ā€œPC.ā€ If you (or my neighbor) post a picture of your Jeep (neighbor asks) with angry grill and lots of chrome accents, Iā€™ll let you know that I donā€™t like it or maybe even that think itā€™s ugly. But I see no need to call you (or my neighbor) an idiotā€”regardless of my actual opinions.

And since weā€™re on this ā€œlikesā€ topic, Iā€™ll admit to feeling the same way about modifying any vehicle just for looks. Jeeps with tall tires (decreased handling, acceleration & MPG, increased braking distance) when it never sees dirt is the same as loud exhausts on Hondas and Harley-Davidsons or hitch testicles on trucks. Iā€™ll likely give you a wave/waddup if youā€™re driving a YJ on 31s with a dirty winch. If itā€™s a 392 with coil spacers and pristine differential housings, Iā€™ll probably just be snob and ignore you. Iā€™m sure my thoughts offend someone. But if Iā€™m not insulting you (e.g calling you a loser), why should you care?

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
So much negativity on alot of these threads lately. Who cares what you like vs someone else. Ducking, angry grills, mall crawlers ect. I see jeeps that make me want to do certain mods and others that don't. I have mine as a weekend warrior with just a few things done. You have axels skid plates and 44 different switches for lights. Your jeep is cool and makes you enjoy driving, just the same as mine. I'm kinda digging the stock+ look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Negativity 22FA3D02-CE11-431B-A7E9-DED821B5C4C3
Love it! What are some of the stock+ mods you've done? My stock+ mods have been off-road lights front and rear, plus an air compressor. I'm pretty happy too!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

jmh36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2021
Iā€™m a believer you should be respectful to others as you would speak to one of your neighbors, yet we have gone overboard with what we call ā€œPC.ā€ If you (or my neighbor) post a picture of your Jeep (neighbor asks) with angry grill and lots of chrome accents, Iā€™ll let you know that I donā€™t like it or maybe even that think itā€™s ugly. But I see no need to call you (or my neighbor) an idiotā€”regardless of my actual opinions.

And since weā€™re on this ā€œlikesā€ topic, Iā€™ll admit to feeling the same way about modifying any vehicle just for looks. Jeeps with tall tires (decreased handling, acceleration & MPG, increased braking distance) when it never sees dirt is the same as loud exhausts on Hondas and Harley-Davidsons or hitch testicles on trucks. Iā€™ll likely give you a wave/waddup if youā€™re driving a YJ on 31s with a dirty winch. If itā€™s a 392 with coil spacers and pristine differential housings, Iā€™ll probably just be snob and ignore you. Iā€™m sure my thoughts offend someone. But if Iā€™m not insulting you (e.g calling you a loser), why should you care?
It is one thing to dislike the look of chrome, angry grill, etc., and to voice that opinion.

It is also one thing to dislike the look of large tires/lift, and to voice that opinion.

It is a different thing to tell somebody that they need to "earn" certain upgrades on their car. If somebody wants to buy and install 37s, they don't need 14 badges of honor to do so. I am far from "PC" and think everybody is entitled to their opinion, such as mine that gate keepers on this forum are losers.

OP
OP
Osctwn

Osctwn

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport s
Love it! What are some of the stock+ mods you've done? My stock+ mods have been off-road lights front and rear, plus an air compressor. I'm pretty happy too!
[/QUOTE]

Had the jeep since September. 2 inch spacer lift, 33 bfg K02 and some rock rails. Been hunting for rubicon bumpers and fender flares and that's about all I want to do. Air compressor is a great idea!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.