Not open for further replies.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Keeping thoughts to ourselves and only saying nice things is how our society got so messed up in the first place. Real life isn't always nice, go out and get some hurt feelings, it'll make you a more resilient individual or cat-identifying person, whatever the weirdo trend is these days.
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Keeping thoughts to ourselves and only saying nice things is how our society got so messed up in the first place. Real life isn't always nice, go out and get some hurt feelings, it'll make you a more resilient individual or cat-identifying person, whatever the weirdo trend is these days.
I told my neighbor his burgers were overcooked and dry. He didn't cry, and now he doesn't cook the shit out of burgers anymore either and they're quite delicious. Just sayin. It works out alright sometimes. Plus, we're getting ready for a downtown burger competition so it needed to be said.

Last edited:

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Yes, there are mods out there that really rub me the wrong way. They usually involve transforming the Wrangler into something that makes it opposite to its "DNA" like a low rider. But bottom line people, such things are, well, "art," and our free society has us best saying silently, "not for me," if a mod's not to our taste.

My exception to this rule are mods that compromise vehicle safety.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I told me neighbor his burgers were overcooked and dry. He didn't cry, and now he doesn't cook the shit out of burgers anymore either and they're quite delicious. Just sayin. It works out alright sometimes. Plus, we're getting ready for a downtown burger competition so it needed to be said.
You did your friend a solid service, I was told the same with my grilling and I've changed my ways! I always ask for critiques of my cooking, I got one of those sous vide meat hot tubs and I've been trying to perfect my steaks to rival the fancy restaurants (I'm darn close per the critiques). I prefer only keeping friends who are not afraid to speak their minds, I don't have time for fake or timid types.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I really can't justify understanding the angry grill but everything else to me is fair. Is what it is, these are legendary vehicles and it's like pissing on a statue of George Washington when you swap out the seven slots for a horribly designed Chinese replacement designed to look mean or aggressive in some way.
The Chinese made angry grilles aren’t trying to be mean or aggressive… they’re just repping the slanted eyes ;):LOL: (I’m Chinese so before anyone gets triggered… I’m making fun of myself).

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Cat-identifying person?

gben1mwo5lezq08hhjcw5kppmxb2pz2jzbr93vi7&rid=giphy.gif

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
There's an inherent nature to feel one's opinion is the best or only opinion, and also to point out when something is way out of whack. Personally, it irks me when people spend a lot of money on these vehicles (same happens in the Corvette community of which I am a member), put the cheapest, crappiest parts on them, then are the ones posting about all the issues they're having with their vehicles.

I try my best to provide objective advice when warranted, but at the end of the day what others choose to do with their property has zero affect on me. It's still ok to say "wtf" every once in awhile through. 🍻

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Yup. Vomiting is a reaction.

OP - was that too “negative”...?

😆
I saw a used Jeep on Carvana, it was everything my wife wanted. It had an angry bird grill and we passed. could we have replaced it? sure, but then i am spending money unmodding instead of spending money modding

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So much negativity on alot of these threads lately. Who cares what you like vs someone else. Ducking, angry grills, mall crawlers ect. I see jeeps that make me want to do certain mods and others that don't. I have mine as a weekend warrior with just a few things done. You have axels skid plates and 44 different switches for lights. Your jeep is cool and makes you enjoy driving, just the same as mine. I'm kinda digging the stock+ look.
Nice Jeep, I like them with a very small lift and slightly oversized tire but mostly stock.
I'm with you guys. I have no interest in a lift. Keeping the suspension stock and plan to switch to 33x12.5 tires once the one it came with wear out.

Sponsored

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Your rig is the epitome of what I think is awesome, OEM plus.
I second that.... I love achieving an OEM Plus look on all the Rides I've owned. Plus it's "Daily Driver" friendly...

But then again, I cannot help but having the Steel Bumpers, Lights, 35s or 37s plus Lift in the near future.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Life is Much Improved if one can learn to not give a F**k about what other people think.
(much less complain about it)
Very true. On the flip side, there’s a problem with today’s culture where people are too self-centered. For example, when you used to get lost, you pull over, figure out where you’re going, then get back on the road. Now, it’s crawl at a snail’s pace while I look on my phone. Miss a turn? You used to just drive to the next intersection and pull a u-turn. Now? Let me just stop in a straight only lane with my L turn signal on to cross a double yellow.

Everything in moderation.

PS: I feel like I just dated myself referencing “today’s culture” :giggle::facepalm:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.