Not open for further replies.

Osctwn

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport s
So much negativity on alot of these threads lately. Who cares what you like vs someone else. Ducking, angry grills, mall crawlers ect. I see jeeps that make me want to do certain mods and others that don't. I have mine as a weekend warrior with just a few things done. You have axels skid plates and 44 different switches for lights. Your jeep is cool and makes you enjoy driving, just the same as mine. I'm kinda digging the stock+ look.

20220516_181204.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

So much negativity on alot of these threads lately. Who cares what you like vs someone else. Ducking, angry grills, mall crawlers ect. I see jeeps that make me want to do certain mods and others that don't. I have mine as a weekend warrior with just a few things done. You have axels skid plates and 44 different switches for lights. Your jeep is cool and makes you enjoy driving, just the same as mine. I'm kinda digging the stock+ look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Negativity 20220516_181204
Looks great, really nice stance.

Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Whew!!!... for a second I thought you were the owner of this....

Jeep Wrangler JL Negativity 1652933913912
AS long as my money isn't used and I don't have to drive it, I see it as an expression of taste. Definitely not my taste but to each their own. I will admit it causes a reaction

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I really can't justify understanding the angry grill but everything else to me is fair. Is what it is, these are legendary vehicles and it's like pissing on a statue of George Washington when you swap out the seven slots for a horribly designed Chinese replacement designed to look mean or aggressive in some way.

Just as you're free to do what you like to your own Jeep, I'm free to call it the way I see it too. Not that I go out of my way to make someone feel shitty about it, but I'm not going to heap praise on it either.

20220516_181204.jpg
Your rig is the epitome of what I think is awesome, OEM plus.

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304

Jeep Wrangler JL Negativity 1652933913912
NIce Jeep

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
And here I was clicking this thread expecting to find a discussion about some 12v related issue like a short to ground causing the vehicle to shut off while driving...

But yeah, angry grills are much worse! 😆

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I’m offended because you used bold font.

😆

I have a theory. Moderation on forums in years past mostly focused on requiring respectful dialogue, but almost any topic was acceptable.

Today, social media companies have discovered that outrage and strong emotions promote “engagement”.

Simultaneously they have taken measures to promote the threads with lots of controversy, while completely stifling any discussion of certain taboo topics.

As a result we’re in an environment where reasoned discussion about serious matters is forbidden, while casual insults, sarcasm, and ad hominem are preferred.

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
Few, I thought you wanted to have a steering column shifter for the future JL's, we good now. I like the stance as well! Also, certain colors play on the factory rims so much better than others, my friends sarge green needed black rims asap, however yours looks great with factory rims/black exterior paint.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
There is no shortage of things to be upset at in the world today.

Maybe, just maybe... people aren't that upset about how other people choose to modify their Jeeps. Maybe they are just upset at things in general and choose to channel those feelings onto an internet platform.

It's easy to be upset. Do the hard thing, the right thing. Be nice to everyone. Hold the door for people. Say thank you. Give a buck or two to the homeless vet you drive past. I promise it feels good.

RubICON1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992,2011,2014,2022 RubICON
Do what you want to your ride, any ride. Whatever floats your boat! As long as it doesn't effect me in a "negative" way. See what I did there....

My Jeep motto though is, no chrome no tubes. But if that is how you roll, I'm good with it!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.