Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine with the upgraded factory black with polished lip wheels because I thought they looked much better than the standard snowflakes. Other than all black wheels, they are of the few that look great under all body colors. If it were me, I'd keep them as long as you're not going with a tire much bigger than stock.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Has to be an optical illusion; they are rock sliders and sit quite a bit higher than the frame.
They sit below the fender flares, that and the width, and unlimited all make your Jeep look lower than it is. Some like this look.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
All black wheels are so common on Jeeps, it is so overated, you can't tell whatever wheels from distance. IMO gunmetal grey or polished bronze look good but I don't see many of them.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They sit below the fender flares, that and the width, and unlimited all make your Jeep look lower than it is. Some like this look.
Out of curiosity, aren't all rock sliders mounted below the fender flares?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Out of curiosity, aren't all rock sliders mounted below the fender flares?
The stock rock sliders on the Rubicon are flush with the body so there is nothing below the fender flares. Again to my eyes having the wide body length step/rock rails makes the jeep look lower. Just as the Unlimited Rubicon looks lower to the ground than the 2dr Rubicon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Need Wheel Advice fullsizeoutput_66b
Jeep Wrangler JL Need Wheel Advice fullsizeoutput_66c

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The stock rock sliders on the Rubicon are flush with the body so there is nothing below the fender flares. Again to my eyes having the wide body length step/rock rails makes the jeep look lower. Just as the Unlimited Rubicon looks lower to the ground than the 2dr Rubicon.
I pulled the OEM sliders off to install the ROAM sliders, but I also looked at LOD and one other (the brand evades me now) and they were all below the fender flares so definitely not uncommon with aftermarket sliders.

As an aside, I do not rock crawl regularly, but if I did, I would not use the OEM sliders--much like a great deal of the OEM suspension, they are not very strong.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I pulled the OEM sliders off to install the ROAM sliders, but I also looked at LOD and one other (the brand evades me now) and they were all below the fender flares so definitely not uncommon with aftermarket sliders.

As an aside, I do not rock crawl regularly, but if I did, I would not use the OEM sliders--much like a great deal of the OEM suspension, they are not very strong.
I understand that. I’m just giving you my opinion that you asked for on an open forum. You wanted ideas on the look of your rig. I love mojito by the way. IMO your Jeep looks lower to the ground based on your wide rock rails. I would use my money on a small lift before new wheels or even painted rims. Cheers!

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that. I’m just giving you my opinion that you asked for on an open forum. You wanted ideas on the look of your rig. I love mojito by the way. IMO your Jeep looks lower to the ground based on your wide rock rails. I would use my money on a small lift before new wheels or even painted rims. Cheers!
No worries; just was seeking clarification that my set-up was not unique. I am considering a lift at some stage of the game, but am not sure that I want to go down the road of larger tires which begets re-gearing and am not sure what it would look like with the 33's that I have on it now. Decisions...decisions.
Sponsored