First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
I have a 18 JLU Sahara with Dana 30 front and 44 Rear axles. I just ordered a set of factory Rubicon 44 assemblies with E-Lockers.
If I buy the Locker switch panel and the 2 harnesses. Will there be an existing plug in the factory harness to plug in the switch panel ? Or will I need to wire it up myself ? And if there is a connector, where do I wire the locker harnesses to the vehicle ?
Also, are the track bars the same for the Rubicon and Sahara ? I am not worried about the front, since I have a Steer Smarts system in the front, and a MOPAR 2" lift.
Thanks for any help....
Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
It would be easier to wire the lockers with some aux switches or voswitch. If you don’t minds what they set you back?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
You may need the Jeep (BCM) reflashed to let the system know your Jeep has lockers for the factory style locker switches to work. I don't think they are directly wired to the lockers (just like everything else on new vehicles). Like others said it would be easier to wire them to the aux switches. Plus that way you could just lock the front locker if you want. Rubis can't do that :)

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
X2 on wiring them to the Aux Switches, no nanny's telling you when you can and can't lock the axles!
Gregj
ETA: the wire harness for the lockers is available from Mopar or Quardatec, sort of expensive though for one connector and two wires.
Locker wiring (you will need two)

Track bars are the same, verified when I installed mine.
Sponsored