Need Help CB install fail.

lostse7en

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2D
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help, I installed a cobra 75 8n my 2018 jl sport. The CB is fine however somewhere along the install my blower will not work any more and my "service air bag" light is not on. For reference I ran the cb ant cable under the trim along passenger side and ran power to cb direct to battery via the firewall grommet on passenger side. I use a hanger to poke through the grommet and I'm fairly sure I didnt poke/cut any wires. I did try to lossen the 2nd batt box (which sits in front of the grommet engine side) but decided not to finish so I tighten it up. I have to Che k the fuse box still but am hoping I just blew a fuse some how. Any I sights would be helpful.
Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
What did you ground to? I suggest grounding directly to the negative on the batt. Anywhere elase will possibly throw code...

OP
OP

lostse7en

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2D
I went to body ground. I'll switch to battery but I don't think that would cause my hvac mtr to just quit

OP
OP

lostse7en

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2D
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help, I installed a cobra 75 8n my 2018 jl sport. The CB is fine however somewhere along the install my blower will not work any more and my "service air bag" light is not on. For reference I ran the cb ant cable under the trim along passenger side and ran power to cb direct to battery via the firewall grommet on passenger side. I use a hanger to poke through the grommet and I'm fairly sure I didnt poke/cut any wires. I did try to lossen the 2nd batt box (which sits in front of the grommet engine side) but decided not to finish so I tighten it up. I have to Che k the fuse box still but am hoping I just blew a fuse some how. Any I sights would be helpful.
... Update... I checked all the hvac fuses and relay, still a no go.
Sponsored