Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Happens all the time in Socal car culture. Dude has to be the first guy to cars and coffee to get all the people looking at his car. Comes for a couple of weeks and then all the rest start showing up. He/she will spend a lot for such attention. Just go ask those Porsche GT2RS guys that were first on the block. That attention cost them $75k in ADM and plenty of them spent it. Now you can guy delivery miles ones for less than MSRP. It is called more money than sense. Not jealous either so don’t go there. Even if I had it I still wouldn’t spend over MSRP for anything.
Yeah even if I had stupid amounts of disposable income I still wouldn't throw it away. Them's the people that end up with nothing once the well runs dry.
Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Happens all the time in Socal car culture. Dude has to be the first guy to cars and coffee to get all the people looking at his car. Comes for a couple of weeks and then all the rest start showing up. He/she will spend a lot for such attention. Just go ask those Porsche GT2RS guys that were first on the block. That attention cost them $75k in ADM and plenty of them spent it. Now you can guy delivery miles ones for less than MSRP. It is called more money than sense. Not jealous either so don’t go there. Even if I had it I still wouldn’t spend over MSRP for anything.
Yeah even if I had stupid amounts of disposable income I still wouldn't throw it away. Them's the people that end up with nothing once the well runs dry.
Well said and very true.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
Agreed, paying over msrp for a vehicle when it first comes out to be one of the first has got to be one of the stupidest things a person can do especially when these vehicles will be readily available in a few short months!
Amen to this. People were paying ADM and even full MSRP on Gladiators when they hit the lot. Waited 6 months and bought a leftover Launch Edition for 10k off sticker. It’s still just as nice and Launchy as the guy who paid over sticker for his, even if it took me 6 months longer.

TeamRJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide, '18 Camaro Conv
I switched from a new Bronco (still have reservation) to the 392 (on the dealer list). If this is accurate, looks like it’s Bronco or bust.

At $77k, FCA can keep or sell as many as they can .... just won’t be to me.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I think the 392 is cool, love the hood and V8. Looks sick with the larger mopar beadlocks and lift. But honestly 13s is not that fast for the 75k pricetag.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I think the 392 is cool, love the hood and V8. Looks sick with the larger mopar beadlocks and lift. But honestly 13s is not that fast for the 75k pricetag.
Given the vehicle's dynamics, high center of gravity, and the laws of physics, don't you think that more horsepower exponentially increases the chance of a Cars-and-Coffee type wreck? Don't get me wrong, I love fast vehicles, but we'll see the first wrecked one within one week of the initial deliveries. And...FCA is so optimistic in the their performance predictions (Demon and its unreplicable 9.6 second quarter comes to mind) that it will only hit 13.0 seconds in the quarter with a STIFF tailwind.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Maybe, just
Given the vehicle's dynamics, high center of gravity, and the laws of physics, don't you think that more horsepower exponentially increases the chance of a Cars-and-Coffee type wreck? Don't get me wrong, I love fast vehicles, but we'll see the first wrecked one within one week of the initial deliveries. And...FCA is so optimistic in the their performance predictions (Demon and its unreplicable 9.6 second quarter comes to mind) that it will only hit 13.0 seconds in the quarter with a STIFF tailwind.
People did the same with a C8. Just saying the price for speed is not there IMO.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Thinking too many think like poor people. If you have the smarts to obtain sizable stacks of cash you buy what strikes your fancy and MSRP be damned. If one is honest that is exactly what anyone would do. Why else have stacks of cash?

This is the first jeep of its kind with this kind of power right from the factory. These things will get scarfed up quickly until the next big offering by jeep or anyone. It's what bucks up enthusiasts do.

Not to mention this run of super powerful rigs will likely get squashed by JO joe biden and his crew. So buy it now while you can.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Maybe, just

People did the same with a C8. Just saying the price for speed is not there IMO.
THis isnt so much about speed but what this vehicle is already capable of along with HUGE SIZABLE power and FUN!

It shouldnt be thought of as a sports car or vette killer or whatever. It's the first of its kind from the factory. This is cool stuff, really interesting to see the negativity on it.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I say make the base price for these at $80K, for the 392. It will weed out the undesirables. That will ensure it will be an exclusive club of owners, who will not embarrass the Jeep brand. There should also be a $20K Non-Refundable deposit, to ensure this.

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Just so you all know, people don’t talk about “how poor people think” or being an “an exclusive club of owners” on the Gwagon or Porsche GT forums.

Everyone needs to throttle back and decide if this vehicle is WORTH whatever MSRP is listed to them individually.

Think of this. A Porsche GT cars go for above MSRP because the driving experience is widely regarded as being WORTH more than asking. McLaren and Acura NSX and the GTR sell for way under MSRP because they provide a driving experience not worth the asking.

That’s how people with “stacks of money” think.

Jeep stated what they think a standard Rubicon is WORTH back in 2018 and no one ever pays that.

A wrangler that leaks, has bubbling paint, issues with 4lo and doesn’t have ventilated seats and a full complement of airbags isn’t worth 80k to me, even with 470hp. At above about 75k, I’m keeping my lifted 20’ G550 on Ridge Grapplers and will feel better about taking it to Moab.

FWIW, I came here for a more inclusive forum. Jeep does pride itself on being the most inclusive club of enthusiasts in the world, and I like that.

Last edited:

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Only using up the rubber until they r worn out... I'll be going w 17s and 37 12.50 maxxis... Now don't be a hater... If I could cuss here I would call u just what u are a low down dirty sumbleep.... 🤣🤣🤣
With your 20"s you can fit those new $1200.00 42" Nittos on your jeep.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Plus never discount the beauty of arbitrage.

I personally know someone that paid $50K over MSRP for a 911 GT2RS, took delivery, drove it around the block, then had it loaded onto a car carrier for its trip to a different dealer 125 miles away to whom he sold it used for a profit.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Given the vehicle's dynamics, high center of gravity, and the laws of physics, don't you think that more horsepower exponentially increases the chance of a Cars-and-Coffee type wreck?
Things like that are why many Mustangs cost more to insure than a 911.

More stupid drivers doing more stupid things causing a higher loss rate and therefore higher premiums.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Things like that are why many Mustangs cost more to insure than a 911.

More stupid drivers doing more stupid things causing a higher loss rate and therefore higher premiums.
Hopefully the new 392 owners don't do the same thing to Wrangler insurance rates. :)
Sponsored