SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Does anyone know for sure that they are actually producing these 392 yet ? I think perhaps they haven't even started the production line...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Does anyone know for sure that they are actually producing these 392 yet ? I think perhaps they haven't even started the production line...
They have in one of the threads Alleycat even posted some pictures of a few at the Toledo facility that were taken by employees.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
From Facebook a few weeks ago

539FA781-CD8E-4A8C-ACA5-EFC4ABFD02EA.jpeg
I’m confused as the initial press release stated “Mopar 2 inch lift” and showed the 392 on 37s without issue. Now some press releases say 1” above Rubicon which sounds to me like the Mojave suspension which really is only an inch over the Rubicon and not the 2” gained over the Rubicon with the Mopar lift. Further evidence the 392 has the Mojave lift is the recent mention of the 392 having hydraulic bump stops like the Mojave.

The Mojave lift and the Mopar 2” lift are two different suspensions and heights.

Can anyone tell me from the picture above if this is the Mojave or Mopar lift?

The difference is the Mojave can likely accommodate 35s while the Mopar 37s.

The ultimate would be the Mopar 2” lift with the hydraulic bump stops of the Mojave.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Drove along side a new Bronco today, granted its not a very good review to judge a book by its cover but just seeing that thing drive down the road, I am sure glad I decided to get the Wrangler. This was a Bronco sport and it struck me to be more like a 4 runner or any other small SUV.. Those doors must weigh a ton, they don't look like they should be taken off... the package was just boring...I don't think it will be much competition for Jeep...

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon, 2020 Shelby Cobra, 20' Telluride
I’m confused as the initial press release stated “Mopar 2 inch lift” and showed the 392 on 37s without issue. Now some press releases say 1” above Rubicon which sounds to me like the Mojave suspension which really is only an inch over the Rubicon and not the 2” gained over the Rubicon with the Mopar lift. Further evidence the 392 has the Mojave lift is the recent mention of the 392 having hydraulic bump stops like the Mojave.

The Mojave lift and the Mopar 2” lift are two different suspensions and heights.

Can anyone tell me from the picture above if this is the Mojave or Mopar lift?

The difference is the Mojave can likely accommodate 35s while the Mopar 37s.

The ultimate would be the Mopar 2” lift with the hydraulic bump stops of the Mojave.

I'm confused about this as well, since there seems to be conflicting information about it. I'm inclined to believe the guy from another forum that reportedly works there and say's it's one inch, but I'm not sure we'll know anything for absolutely certain until someone gets their hands on one.

Which I can imagine sucks if you're trying to determine what tires to order.

The only thing of value I can add, is that if your referring to the granite crystal 392 with the half-doors from the original release photos, that accompanied the blue one with the sky roof, I'm pretty certain those were 35's, not 37's. If you're referring to another one though, then disregard that.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Correct, there is a Crystal Granite on Nitto Trail Grappler 11.5 x 35’s in the final press release but prior to that, at the initial press release and in the Motor Trend article, it was riding on BFG KM3 12.5 x 37s.🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly, would like to have the tires ordered ahead of time to limit the amount of time on those awkwardly small 33s 😅

graytrucks

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Drove along side a new Bronco today, granted its not a very good review to judge a book by its cover but just seeing that thing drive down the road, I am sure glad I decided to get the Wrangler. This was a Bronco sport and it struck me to be more like a 4 runner or any other small SUV.. Those doors must weigh a ton, they don't look like they should be taken off... the package was just boring...I don't think it will be much competition for Jeep...
I agree based on the Bronco Sport which looks smallish and cheap, but the regular Bronco isn’t out yet as far as I know and looks MUCH better. I still ordered the Jeep (because of the 392), but absent that I would have at least given the Bronco (non-Sport) a look.

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
Anybody notice the 392 has Fox “ hydraulic rebound stop(s)” up front like the Mojave?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/chryslerme...bicon_392_Specsla6s2mf70hctfgb5q521eniaq4.pdf
i noticed it said that as well, but “rebound stop” is referring to the internals of the shock itself , it’s providing a smoother rebound after a hard compression. it’s not the hydraulic “bump stop” which would be awesome it it was on the 392

they discuss it in this thread also

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hydraulic-rebound-stop-rubicon.2560/

shrinkhead

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I never understand why they only spec these narrow rims on every trim. I like the looks of stock jeep rims but you can't fit anything fun onto these 7.5inch wide rims. Guess it's the offset.... but at least make it an option from the factory to get at least 8 or 8.5 if not 9 inch wide rims. Why is that so hard Jeep?

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392 35's, and 2015 JKU 35s (wife's)
I never understand why they only spec these narrow rims on every trim. I like the looks of stock jeep rims but you can't fit anything fun onto these 7.5inch wide rims. Guess it's the offset.... but at least make it an option from the factory to get at least 8 or 8.5 if not 9 inch wide rims. Why is that so hard Jeep?
There are very specific regulations any automaker has to follow. First one that comes to mind is coverage of the tire by the fender. That is limiting to start because of the geometry of the Jeep and size of the fenders (notice that the Rubicon has larger tires but also has different fender flares that are larger than the sport / Sahara)

The other is that I would assume that Jeep has only certified this vehicle (crash test,etc) with a certain size wheel and in order to go larger than that they have to recertify which is hugely expensive and they may not want to do that.
Only speculation of course but I do know automaker are quite limited by regulations.

shrinkhead

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
There are very specific regulations any automaker has to follow. First one that comes to mind is coverage of the tire by the fender. That is limiting to start because of the geometry of the Jeep and size of the fenders (notice that the Rubicon has larger tires but also has different fender flares that are larger than the sport / Sahara)

The other is that I would assume that Jeep has only certified this vehicle (crash test,etc) with a certain size wheel and in order to go larger than that they have to recertify which is hugely expensive and they may not want to do that.
Only speculation of course but I do know automaker are quite limited by regulations.
They do sell a mopar aftermarket wheel that is 8 inches wide..... that alone would be nice as a factory option. but yeah.

DCRAWL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade
Updated with link to 392 Build & Price:

B&P LINK: https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...PBJ,X9,ESG,DFV,DME,Z1M,SDH,TXA,WGU,HD,UAQ,27X

Announcement: https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22532&mid=1

392 LAUNCH EDITION: $73,500 base price + $1495 destination

Apparently this the "launch edition" no one has every heard about.

FULL RELEASE:

2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-01.jpg

Jeep® Brand Announces Launch Edition Pricing for Well-equipped 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 – the Quickest, Most Powerful Wrangler Yet
  • 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition, packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque with a 6.4-liter V-8, carries a starting U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination)
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 includes off-road-ready content, including 2-inch factory lift, functional hood scoop with Hydro-Guide™ air intake, beadlock-capable wheels, unique bolstered leather seats and active dual-mode exhaust system
  • Rubicon 392 launch edition also includes leather interior, body-color hardtop and fender flares, Steel Bumper Group, LED Lighting Group and Advanced Safety Group
  • Wrangler Rubicon 392 handles any terrain with Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case, full-time four-wheel-drive, heavy-duty wide track Dana 44 axles with Tru-Lok electronic locking differentials and electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Off-road performance, handling and durability enhanced with upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks
  • Rubicon 392’s potent 6.4-liter (or 392-cubic-inch) power plant marks the first time in 40 years that Wrangler offers an available V-8 engine installed at the factory
  • New 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 scheduled to start arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2021
  • Rubicon 392 is recognized with signature bronze tow hooks, springs and badges

February 24, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 – packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque from its 6.4-liter V-8, full-time 4x4, functional hood scoop, a dual-mode performance exhaust, and a long list of premium features standard, including a sport steering wheel with shift paddles and leather-covered performance seats – is on-road and off-road ready with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination) for this launch edition.

“Our Jeep enthusiasts asked us for a Wrangler powered by a V-8 engine, and we listened. The result is the quickest and most powerful Jeep Wrangler yet, loaded with standard off-road performance features that make this Jeep Wrangler incredibly capable of covering the most rugged terrain,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “This new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 broadens the meaning of Jeep Wrangler 4x4 capability and gives off-road enthusiasts something they can’t get anywhere else backed by the factory: V-8 performance and a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.”

In addition to the standard 392-cubic-inch, 470-horsepower V-8 engine, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is loaded with standard equipment, including two Wrangler exclusives:
  • A functional hood scoop connected to the tri-level Hydro-Guide™ air intake system feeds the V-8 engine with cooler, outside air and separates water – up to 15 gallons per minute – to enable the Rubicon 392 to traverse water up to 32.5 inches deep
  • An active dual-mode exhaust delivers an unmistakable sound. The system engages automatically, opening valves in the exhaust system, under higher engine loads to reduce exhaust back pressure. The driver can also activate the system with the press of a button
Chassis changes include a 2-inch factory lift, upgraded frame rails, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks. The Wrangler Rubicon 392 masters low-speed downhill descents by using the V-8’s engine braking, revised transmission torque converter lockup control and a 48:1 crawl ratio to manage vehicle speed without the driver needing to use the brake pedal.

Inside, the interior includes leather seats with bronze Rubicon 392 stitching and performance-inspired, integrated upper bolsters and a leather-wrapped, performance steering wheel with wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a first for the Jeep Wrangler. The Uconnect system projects on a standard 8.4-inch screen and includes Jeep Off-road Pages that allow owners to monitor pitch, roll, altitude, GPS coordinates, drivetrain power distribution and more.

The well-equipped Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is also loaded with features that include:
  • Leather interior
  • Body-color hardtop
  • Body-color flares
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
In addition, customers can add the following options to the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition: Dual Door Group, Dual Top Group, Sky One-Touch Power Top and Integrated Off-road Camera, Trailer Tow Package and 285/70R17C BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Outline White Letter or 285/70R17C Falken Wildpeak M/T tires.

The new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is scheduled to start arriving in dealerships this quarter of this year.

Jeep Wave Customer Care Program
Jeep Wave is a premium owner loyalty program filled with benefits and exclusive perks created to give Jeep owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The Jeep Wave customer service program is available to the entire 2021 model-year Jeep brand lineup.

Jeep Wave program highlights include:
  • Three years of worry-free maintenance at Jeep dealerships, including oil changes and tire rotations
  • 24/7 support via phone or online chat
  • Trip interruption and first-day loaner coverage
  • VIP access to select, exclusive Jeep brand events
I do not understand the 33-inch tires:headbang:. I am ignorant of what standards have to be met regarding maximum vehicle height, bumper height, maximum center-of-gravity and dynamic characteristics that have to be met form crash testing. I am assuming this has something to do with it?

Whomever does their consumer demand profit estimates, they must not think they can make enough money off factory ordered 35 and or 37-inch tier equipped, geared model/trim options on the normal power plant equip JL’s.:facepalm::mad::angry:

I do not understand producing an overpowered, overpriced💰, boat limousine, with limited trail applications. Like the TRX, cool but stupid💩.

I hope they listen to their off road base when they lose some of their customer base over the Found On Road Dead Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door, Manual.:facepalm:

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement