Sponsored

Is there markup if you factory order a 392?

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Super handy that you had the option of "email to the top at Stellantis". Can you post the emails up? Obviously blocking out personal details of course.
Happy to clarify how I did it since I actually didn't have a connection/option at Stellantis...

After doing some online digging, I realized that all Jeep employees have a Stellantis email address…. I also found that nearly 100% of their email format is first name period last name (ex: "firstname.[email protected]").

I searched through LinkedIn as well as some Jeep/Stellantis articles to find who I wanted to contact. I wrote out a detailed but short email in what I would describe as an open, honest, and constructive tone.

I then sent the email to only one executive contact. I never received a direct reply from the executive, but the message was heard and ultimately it worked!
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Happy to clarify how I did it since I actually didn't have a connection/option at Stellantis...

After doing some online digging, I realized that all Jeep employees have a Stellantis email address…. I also found that nearly 100% of their email format is first name period last name (ex: "firstname.[email protected]").

I searched through LinkedIn as well as some Jeep/Stellantis articles to find who I wanted to contact. I wrote out a detailed but short email in what I would describe as an open, honest, and constructive tone.

I then sent the email to only one executive contact. I never received a direct reply from the executive, but the message was heard and ultimately it worked!
Lmao. That. Is. Awesome.

Thanks for the story. Lol.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I paid MSRP for factory order (but this was Feb 2021 order)

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
@SargeRubi - I can tell you that Stellantis & Jeep Corporate don't support the dealer mark ups from my personal experience of ordering my factory-build 2022 392 XR last week.

I shared this on the build tracking page, but I had a pretty wild story of ordering this factory-build 392. I will preface that I am completely new to Jeep besides having a family member that owns a Rubicon and being in it a few times.

The short story of a long story is that I tried doing a factory build of the 392 and after spending an hour+ of back & forth (not including travel) with the dealership.... they then threw the wild pitch of paying $10,000+ above MSRP. I totally understand a case for mark up if the vehicle was on the lot but for a factory build... IMO dealerships should take their easy profits with no negotiation at MSRP. Ultimately, they didn't see my reasoning, wouldn't budge, and wouldn't take my money.

I proceeded to send 1 email to the top of Jeep @ Stellantis, pointing out that this situation hurts their brand equity with new consumers and that Jeep/Stellantis should do their best to influence independent dealers from hurting Jeep's earned brand. I was reaching out simply because it felt like the right thing to do given that other car manufacturers are suffering similar experiences (ex. Toyota with Rav4).

I was shocked by Jeep's amazing response.... Within 24 hours, I received a call by a corporate head who then ultimately put me in touch with a local dealer that would take care of my factory-build order immediately at MSRP.

It's a good reminder to voice your constructive feelings (good and bad) to the people who care about them the most. I am a huge fan of Jeep's/Stellantis' corporate leadership & response. That email helped me join all of you in this community as well as save $10,000!
Thank you for sharing your story. I wish I’d been smarter - I ordered a 392XR last Aug (delivered at the end of Jan…love it!) and paid a $4.5K markup. I swore I’d never pay ADM, but based on the market and how badly I wanted it, I caved. Plus, I believe MSRP is impossible here in the southwest/verge of the west coast.

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
Spec’d and ordered mine in Nov. It’ll be below MSRP. Guess it depends on the dealer and your level of pain and desire!

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
No - the opposite. Ordering is how you get under msrp.
Not necessarily. There are few dealers local to me in FL that even if you ordered it would still be over MSRP, not sure why. I ended up ordering from Chapman in PA.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Not necessarily. There are few dealers local to me in FL that even if you ordered it would still be over MSRP, not sure why. I ended up ordering from Chapman in PA.
How was your Chapman experience? I'm contemplating them since they're at 3% below invoice and 4 hours away

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How was your Chapman experience? I'm contemplating them since they're at 3% below invoice and 4 hours away
My experience was great with them. Once I arrived I was in/out in about an hour and on the road

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Mine was also excellent.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Agreed. I recently toyed with the idea of trading my Shelby for 911 turbo S, but after a couple months of searching I couldn't find a single dealership anywhere in the country that would order me one for anywhere near msrp. I know that the GT2, GT3 and GT3 RS versions of 911's are practically impossible to get @ msrp, even when ordering, and even before the pandemic, but that didn't used to be the case with the turbo s.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I recently toyed with the idea of trading my Shelby for 911 turbo S, but after a couple months of searching I couldn't find a single dealership anywhere in the country that would order me one for anywhere near msrp. I know that the GT2, GT3 and GT3 RS versions of 911's are practically impossible to get @ msrp, even when ordering, and even before the pandemic, but that didn't used to be the case with the turbo s.
pre pandemic you could order and get invoice but dealers now know that people will do anything to get a car (even if it is over MSRP)

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i

Update: 68 total days from Order to Dealer Delivery... and $0 mark up from MSRP.

I just officially became a first-time Jeep owner and I genuinely believe Stellantis/Jeep Corporate cares about consumer feedback! What I did ^^^^ was not that complicated. I encourage you all to use your voice when possible and you may be surprised by the positive reaction. I am excited to officially be part of the Jeep community!

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there markup if you factory order a 392? output_image1647453889249

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update: 68 total days from Order to Dealer Delivery... and $0 mark up from MSRP.

I just officially became a first-time Jeep owner and I genuinely believe Stellantis/Jeep Corporate cares about consumer feedback! What I did ^^^^ was not that complicated. I encourage you all to use your voice when possible and you may be surprised by the positive reaction. I am excited to officially be part of the Jeep community!

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there markup if you factory order a 392? output_image1647453889249
Congratulations and Welcome to the Jeep Family!!!

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8

Congratulations on getting your 392! I'm sure that you feel that it was totally worth the wait and effort it took to get it.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
5k markup Larry H. Miller in Albuquerque NM. But it was a wash with the dealer installed stuff. +/- 2k on sticker after trading in my 4Runner.
Sponsored