MT Resale

Vote if you are ordering a manual transmission

• Total voters

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I drive a manual transmission for the fun factor, feel like I'm driving, instead of just being along for the ride. My Dealer tells me that resale on a MT is dismal, no one knows how to drive them, or wants them.
I bought my 2015 JK new for the manual, and 3:73s. I can run a feeler ad for mine, see if there are any fellow "drivers" out there. Even the used car dealers with JKs avoid the manuals, takes too long to move them. Is this a "Regional" thing ?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Same here, fully loaded JLUS (minus leather, upgraded wheels and smoker group), but I HAVE to have it manual; and also, let’s enjoy MTs while some automakers offer some, which might not be for much longer ;)
By far the most number of manual transmissions on lots around me are Saharas. Not what I would have expected but the dealers wouldn't order them if they couldn't sell them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I drive a manual transmission for the fun factor, feel like I'm driving, instead of just being along for the ride. My Dealer tells me that resale on a MT is dismal, no one knows how to drive them, or wants them.
I bought my 2015 JK new for the manual, and 3:73s. I can run a feeler ad for mine, see if there are any fellow "drivers" out there. Even the used car dealers with JKs avoid the manuals, takes too long to move them. Is this a "Regional" thing ?
Dealer is full of :swear:. Supply and demand put them right where they should be. If they made more of them than people wanted, then yeah, they'd lave lower resale. As is, they have about the same resale, minus the $2000 bucks less it cost to buy up front. JK manuals I've seen are barely less expensive than their identical auto counterparts. They certainly aren't 2 thousand bucks less, all other things being the same.
Sponsored