David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the middle of an install of a Warn 10s EVO and I am using a Mopar Winch Plate. The Mopar directions do not include any directions on the installation of the winch or any winch for that matter and there doesn't appear to be any videos of a MOPAR winch plate install. My one issue is pretty basic but I have yet to find the answer.

My issue is, that I purchased the Warn Epic Fairlead and the MOPAR centering plate. The MOPAR winch plate has the same front template that many of the others do-which is to say it appears that the fairlead could be bolted all the way through to the winch plate itself. To simply my question does the fairlead bolt JUST bolt through the exterior bumper centering plate and the bumper itself OR Does should it be bolted through the exterior bumper centering plate, the bumper AND the front of the Mopar winch plate.

I guess I am trying to not have to go through trial and error! Most video's and instructions suggest mounting up the fairlead and plate to the bumper before installing the bumper back on to the Jeep. That cannot be done if it needs to be bolted through (onto) the MOPAR winch plate itself.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Hopefully I have explained it correctly. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

David
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Winch Plate install question(s) 82215182ac-m_0
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Winch Plate install question(s) 82215528AB-4-BAK
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Winch Plate install question(s) pdint_2_image_85763.15721517956340
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The bolts for the fairlead go through everything. Insert bolts through front of fairlead, going through the filler plate, through bumper,
and finally through the winch plate. You will tighten the nuts by placing a wrench into the bumper and on the nuts, while using a socket wrench on the bolt heads.

OP
OP
Rock Hopper

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
The bolts for the fairlead go through everything. Insert bolts through front of fairlead, going through the filler plate, through bumper,
and finally through the winch plate. You will tighten the nuts by placing a wrench into the bumper and on the nuts, while using a socket wrench on the bolt heads.
@limeade, Thank you very much! I have searched everywhere before posting here. Likely I would have figured it out but that may have involved a lot of trial and error... As I mentioned all of the videos online are for other winch plates and many suggest bolting up the fairlead before installing the bumper. This would be impossible if it needs to mount the way you suggest. I'm glad I asked before mounting the fairlead (on the bumper) just to find out that the bumper wont seat up against the winch plate with two bolt heads sandwiched in between. I think you saved me a bit of work!

The Warn Epic fairlead comes with acorn nuts that attach to the bolts as they pass through the fairlead. That shouldn't make much of a difference as long as I have bolts that are of the right length.

Thanks for the help and advice-it is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored