Mopar Trailer Wiring Harness Installation

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

Not sure if I would have had the patience for this install. So glad I ordered the trailer tow package from the factory.
Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
One of the other online sellers did another installation video. Surprisingly easy install after watching it a few times.

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
the install is very easy to do yourself at home. I recommend the mopar hitch as it is very sturdy and the hardware is nice.

NCBound

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I did the install myself and found it much easier to run the wire from the rear down, into the passenger side frame rail and then snaked it all the way to the front passenger wheel well. There is a cutout there that allows you to run the wire directly up to the battery there and the amount of wire spanning between the frame cutout and the wheel well liner is negligible. Its held up for around 1000 miles so far for me, and in my eyes theres much less risk of me snapping an interior trim tab and causing a rattle that would drive me crazy for the rest of my time in my JL

JAY1941

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Oh Come on there werenā€™t that many pan.... okay yeah there were but if I can do it without breaking anything, Iā€™m sure itā€™s doable for others

7373C3EB-6EEC-4BBC-9C29-47E30D3603AF.jpeg

suss1173

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU, E46M, E70d,
Iā€™m having a hard time getting through the grommet in the passenger side foot well. Certainly not as easy for me as they make it look in the quadratec video. Iā€™ve tried to use a wire snake, a large zip tie, like they used in the video, and a coat hanger. No matter what I do it seems to get caught up and not get all the way through
Sponsored