Taha

Taha

First Name
Taha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just ordered mine from local dealership, should get it installed after 10 to 20 days.
They told me it's available but you couldn't see it anywhere in mopar website .
They also have mopar camera DVR for front recording, which we couldn't find in their website as well.

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Just ordered mine from local dealership, should get it installed after 10 to 20 days.
They also have mopar camera DVR for front recording, which we couldn't find in their website as well.
How much?

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I highly doubt that the compressor is IN the tailgate, though it might be behind it. Here's a system from Cliffride that is identical to what you show here (but only for JK). Maybe they pic you have is for a prototype unit.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/cliffride/integrated-air-compressor-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk
It looks like Cliffride has ZERO products for a JL, so this would be the first if it's a prototype from Cliffride. OP says Mopar, strange we haven't heard of it.

OP
OP
Taha

Taha

First Name
Taha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I highly doubt that the compressor is IN the tailgate, though it might be behind it. Here's a system from Cliffride that is identical to what you show here (but only for JK). Maybe they pic you have is for a prototype unit.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/cliffride/integrated-air-compressor-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk
I think you guys are correct it looks like the Cliffride one but by MOPAR .
I saw installation video and it seems behind the spare tryes and it came with Flag mount seems nice and clean one..

Below is the pic from video.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor CA46DD75-93E6-429D-9640-4EB246F785B7
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor 3F9A25B6-8885-4EEC-B4D2-A9A6C78DFC2B
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor B1A0A69F-2461-444C-B777-1795FAE44DB5
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor AE2A0314-8A2C-4F07-A70B-2D31B9D6480F
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor 4FFCF674-7F92-4AA9-B7CC-6599C6A58CC7
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor C3186783-8FA5-4108-8B56-6CAECED28269
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Tailgate Integrated Air compressor 515625BB-3BB9-4426-80DB-1CD414F988A3

OP
OP
Taha

Taha

First Name
Taha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
It looks like Cliffride has ZERO products for a JL, so this would be the first if it's a prototype from Cliffride. OP says Mopar, strange we haven't heard of it.
Agree with you and the pic looks like it's by Cliffride

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Anyone know offhand the capacity of this compressor?
Had to do some digging, since NO ONE has the specs on the compressor. But....eventually found a post on Tundra forums. It states 1CFM at no load, 0.72CFM with load. Kinda weak compressor.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Had to do some digging, since NO ONE has the specs on the compressor. But....eventually found a post on Tundra forums. It states 1CFM at no load, 0.72CFM with load. Kinda weak compressor.
Nice find. Agree.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
a mopar dvr camera....hmmmmm. U know the number?

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
As an alternative, consdier the dual ARB install kit from American Adventure Labs in Utah. I just ordered this. Compressor fits in the little plastic housing in the back. They also have an optional mount that goes just behind the driver C pillar. Pretty slick looking and ARB reliability. Loving AAL's stuff. Aluminum, lightweight, nice. And, their prices are on this planet unlike the stuff that's getting shilled on youtube all the time (you know the brands). https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-dual-arb-compressor-mount/

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Assuming that the info is correct, that is a very weak compressor.

ARB should come out with a mount and weatherproof housing for this location.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is that they chose a weak compressor due to heat concerns. The more powerful compressors generate more heat, in my experience, and that space just doesn't allow for sufficient ventilation.
Sponsored