Sponsored

Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal?

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
Hey guys.
Bought these Mopar simulated beadlock wheels from my local dealer and when I opened the cartons I noticed that the paint, or powder coat is not sprayed uniformly all the way into the lug nut cavities. My thinking is that these wheels are too expensive to have any “defects” at all. What do you guys think? Does this look normal to you all that have these?
Thanks for your input.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal? 3EE55399-A9EB-4C80-9E17-DD3F1B646024
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal? 8D173EB9-3F50-4AF7-8D89-0404F2367ED2
Sponsored

Last edited:

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
I think you should be returning them. That is not a non-visible area, and is reasonable to expect full coverage. Before bringing the replacements home, you may want to open and inspect them.

OP
OP
N.C. Jeeper

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine have that. It's intentional as you don't want the coating on that flange or an abrupt edge that can chip. It can't be seen when the nuts are in place.

Ah, that makes sense too. Thank you for the input.

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
It's intentional as you don't want the coating on that flange or an abrupt edge that can chip. It can't be seen when the nuts are in place.
Lucky Me - Today I'm one of 10,000!

Sponsored

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I just went out to check and get photos. Mine are not as bad, I don't think.
Barely notice anything unless im really close with a flashlight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal? DSCF2342.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal? DSCF2337.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar simulated beadlock wheels, does this look normal? IMG_2497.JPG

This is the spare, it has better coverage than my right rear.

DSCF2341.JPG

OP
OP
N.C. Jeeper

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I do think it is intentional due to corrosion and chipping,

I can see under coverage in mine as well.
Thanks for going through that effort to check. I agree, yours do not look as thinly coated as mine do. But I don’t think it’ll be visible unless you are looking for it on mine. I just expected a little better from a $300+ wheel. Can’t wait to put them on, I had my rings powder coated in a deep gray to match my grill inserts and emblems.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Thanks for going through that effort to check. I agree, yours do not look as thinly coated as mine do. But I don’t think it’ll be visible unless you are looking for it on mine. I just expected a little better from a $300+ wheel. Can’t wait to put them on, I had my rings powder coated in a deep gray to match my grill inserts and emblems.
It's going to look awesome, I love these wheels as they can be used as beadlock or standard bead.

I was looking for white until I seen these wheels on a green or red JLU.