willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I read that the DRL won’t work with the Sport, not sure about the Sahara. What about Rubicon? Anyone with a Rubicon get them working? If not, I’ll have to buy a tazer and cancel my dealership appointment. Thanks
Tazer firmware 11.1.4 that was released in September allowed the LED fenders to work as DRL on the Sport S. I can't confirm anything about the Rubicon.
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
For a JL Sport, am I able to add the DRL function to turn on with the engine running instead of needing to wire it to the parking light switch?

I'm looking to add oem led headlights and fender switch backs but I want the drl to function without me needing to hit the switch.

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
Just got back from having the LPX sales code added, dealership was super cool and let me come back to see all the codes and how they add them. Problem is, the LED DRL turn signals still stop working after a few minutes. The tech added LPX, then added LBQ, and one other one for exterior light function and the turn signals still don't work right. Every time I cycle the ignition they work for a few minutes, then stop. This is on a 2018 JLUR. Is my only option to use a Taser? Headlights work great.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I only had them add the LPX code to my VIN. All my non led bulbs worked fine afterwards. As I mentioned in my pm, even later on after switching out all the halogen bulbs to led everything continued to work as expected. No resistors or anything were used.

kjc2001

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara Mojito!
Just got back from having the LPX sales code added, dealership was super cool and let me come back to see all the codes and how they add them. Problem is, the LED DRL turn signals still stop working after a few minutes. The tech added LPX, then added LBQ, and one other one for exterior light function and the turn signals still don't work right. Every time I cycle the ignition they work for a few minutes, then stop. This is on a 2018 JLUR. Is my only option to use a Taser? Headlights work great.
We are having the same exact issue. My husband took it to the dealership to have them change ours from halogen to LED but the turn signals still hyper flash for a bit after turning the vehicle on then give us the error message on the dash and they stop working. If you figure out how to correct this, please let me know :)

Sponsored

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
We are having the same exact issue. My husband took it to the dealership to have them change ours from halogen to LED but the turn signals still hyper flash for a bit after turning the vehicle on then give us the error message on the dash and they stop working. If you figure out how to correct this, please let me know :)
I bit the bullet and got a Tazer Mini yesterday. They work great now. I think that’s the only option right now. The tech at the dealership said it’s a known problem and there is a STAR case open on it.

kjc2001

First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Sahara Mojito!
I bit the bullet and got a Tazer Mini yesterday. They work great now. I think that’s the only option right now. The tech at the dealership said it’s a known problem and there is a STAR case open on it.
Good to know, thank you so much! We will definitely have to order one then.

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Literally looking through the forums for this- installed my DRLs and got the dealer to put in my headlights- picked it up today, DRLs still stop after 5 min.

Now trying to buy a Tazer

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
There are at least two codes needed.
To enable the Halo's and LED headlights, the code is LPX. This is documented in the instructions that come with the headight kit.
To get the LED fenders to work correctly, there is another code. Jeep will not give that code to Mopar. Therefore, your dealer cannot "officially" get the code.
From what I have read in forums, that code should be LMX.

There may be a separate code to enable the DRLs, or the LMX code may also do it,

What I do know is the Tazer JL can enable all three functions. I had the dealer add LPX to mine when they installed the LED headlamps. I used the Tazer to make the LED fender lights work and get the DRLs to work. This is on a 2018 Sport JLU.
great information. I will have the closer dealership add the second code. Much appreciated.

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
great information. I will have the closer dealership add the second code. Much appreciated.
None of the codes listed will enable the LED DRL fender lights, I sat with the tech and saw all the codes as he added all of them trying to get the DRL to work. None of them work, I had to get a Tazer and now my LED DRLs work. Good luck.

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

None of the codes listed will enable the LED DRL fender lights, I sat with the tech and saw all the codes as he added all of them trying to get the DRL to work. None of them work, I had to get a Tazer and now my LED DRLs work. Good luck.
We need the dealers to file a case with Mopar/Jeep/FCA to get this fixed. My dealer did not do it last time I was there. When I go in for my free oil change, I will insist that they file a case on this. This is clearly a case where we all know this works, we all know this is a computer setting, and Jeep needs to give this setting to Mopar.

This just beyond stupid at this point. @JeepCares , show us that you really do care and get this issue resolved.

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
We need the dealers to file a case with Mopar/Jeep/FCA to get this fixed. My dealer did not do it last time I was there. When I go in for my free oil change, I will insist that they file a case on this. This is clearly a case where we all know this works, we all know this is a computer setting, and Jeep needs to give this setting to Mopar.

This just beyond stupid at this point. @JeepCares , show us that you really do care and get this issue resolved.
Funny thing is the tech showed me that there is a STAR case open on it. I asked if that means they are working on fixing it? He said, no it’s just to let mechanics know that it’s a known issue so they don’t spend extra time trying to diagnose it as some other problem.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
If I buy oem leds and a tazer it sounds like I can turn on the halo for drls and turn on my fender lights for drls also? I have a jlus 2019.

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
If I buy oem leds and a tazer it sounds like I can turn on the halo for drls and turn on my fender lights for drls also? I have a jlus 2019.
Correct. The Tazer can turn all the LED lights on without a trip to the dealer.

Mudawg10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Correct. The Tazer can turn all the LED lights on without a trip to the dealer.
thanks. I’m so torn on oem led headlights etc or the oracle oculus. Maybe a Black Friday sale will help me decide ha
Sponsored