MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
The LED side markers already came with the wire harness. I already had a Sahara, so my JL had halogen daytime running lights. The DRL were plug and play from the moment they were installed. The turn signals were sporadic, I’d get the hyper flash and the dashboard error sometimes.
The harder part for me was the dealer that I visited and their lack of knowledge. I went to the dealer, and they were at a loss, telling me that it could not be done, that they did not have the sales code to activate the LED daytime lamp/turn signals. Thanks to two individuals that had already done it (@ Dom and StingGrayJL77) and provided me the guidance, I told the dealership how to proceed. These two individuals even gave me the number to have my dealership contact their dealership. They requested the sales code from their regional office, who added it to my VIN, then they reflashed it.
As I was dealing with this, I had called another dealership in my city, and they knew exactly what needed to be done. I stuck it out with the dealership I was with because I had already paid them, but the other dealer was my backup plan. I think it’s just a hit and miss with the dealership and their knowledge.
Just be clear. You went from oem non-led fender lights to oem led fender lights on a 2018 sahara and the dealer was able to get them working with no errors/hyper flash????!!!! Really. The end of this thread states the opposite. That its impossible. If this is true I have a 2018 Sahara and really want to do this.

For the the oem led fender lights, did it come with additional wiring, like the oem led headlights have those two cables that you have to run to the bcm?

Thank you. This post made me really happy. I almost through in the towel on the oem led fender lights.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

thanks. I’m so torn on oem led headlights etc or the oracle oculus. Maybe a Black Friday sale will help me decide ha
The LED headlights are not quite plug and play. You will have to add to the wiring harness for those. It is in the instructions that come with the headlight kit. Folks have posted them here. You can also see the instructions in the parts description for the kit on Qudratec.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
We need the dealers to file a case with Mopar/Jeep/FCA to get this fixed. My dealer did not do it last time I was there. When I go in for my free oil change, I will insist that they file a case on this. This is clearly a case where we all know this works, we all know this is a computer setting, and Jeep needs to give this setting to Mopar.

This just beyond stupid at this point. @JeepCares , show us that you really do care and get this issue resolved.
Totally agree. FCA should have already addressed this and sent out a notice of “aha” so we all stop wasting everyone’s time on such a trivial topics that has an easy fix. Help us @JeepCares

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

The LED headlights are not quite plug and play. You will have to add to the wiring harness for those. It is in the instructions that come with the headlight kit. Folks have posted them here. You can also see the instructions in the parts description for the kit on Qudratec.
The OEM fender lights do not come with additional wiring. The OEM LED head lights do. My 2018 Sport S that came with halogen fender lights did not require any additional wiring to plug in the OEM fenders with LED lights.

The kit also did not come with a code to enable the OEM fender lights. Jeep will not give the code to enable them to Mopar.
Using a Tazer JL enabled the LED fender lights and DRLs to work perfectly.

The nutshell - the wiring works. The problem is a software setting. Tazer JL solves it.

Sponsored

xramonx304

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlUR
Has anyone found a replacement part for the BCM connections? The Kostal 32124734020000 is discontinued now.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a replacement part for the BCM connections? The Kostal 32124734020000 is discontinued now.
is that the part number for the 2-wire halo harness?
@EgGreg makes a work around harness.

EgGreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep
is that the part number for the 2-wire halo harness?
@EgGreg makes a work around harness.
I use a different part number, also now obsolete. Lol obsolete my @$# they’re being used in 2020 vehicles lol

I’ve only got a few left. I’ll see if I can come up with a LT solution to the problem. Thanks for the heads up @chiggerdude

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I bought an led upgrade kit that comes with the wire. I’m gonna read this thread through one more time but I feel like it’s above my head...can I cut the wire that’s supposed to go through the firewall and just attach it to the fuse box? I do have a tazer as I’m also doing the rest of the lights but they all seem plug and play and then tazer to led which is easier. If I can do the fuse box thing. What would I need to attach it and anyone have an idea where to do it?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t have to wire anything for the sidemarkers I to the BCM like I did the headlights. My Jeep had the drl already, so the harness was the same. They work fine after the dealer flashed all of the LED lights.

I had my OEM LED headlights installed on my Sport S at the dealer and asked them about upgrading the Turn Signals. I was told they have tried with a few customers but not been able to get them to work as there is no sales code to add ?

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I had my OEM LED headlights installed on my Sport S at the dealer and asked them about upgrading the Turn Signals. I was told they have tried with a few customers but not been able to get them to work as there is no sales code to add ?
That is correct. Jeep will not give MOPAR the code to enable the LED turn signals.

The LED fenders are plug and play with the non LED system, from a wiring standpoint.

You will find a code floating around these forums that has been reported to work... as Jeep makes this work as a factory option with the exact same parts..

I enabled it using a Tazer JL.

I have the LED fenders on my 2018 Sport S. They work fine, now that I set the code with the Tazer JL.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
That is correct. Jeep will not give MOPAR the code to enable the LED turn signals.

The LED fenders are plug and play with the non LED system, from a wiring standpoint.

You will find a code floating around these forums that has been reported to work... as Jeep makes this work as a factory option with the exact same parts..

I enabled it using a Tazer JL.

I have the LED fenders on my 2018 Sport S. They work fine, now that I set the code with the Tazer JL.
Do you know what the code floating around is? I'm in the middle of this mess right now. I installed MOPAR Rubicon Fender Flares with LED Turn Signals in my 2018 Sahara (Which originally had halogens). I went to the dealership and paid to have them install the Sales Code for LED lights. Does not work. After reading this thread, it seems that my dealer did what he thought was the right thing, but in fact NOBODY knows the proper sales code? Can @JeepCares help us?

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Do you know what the code floating around is? I'm in the middle of this mess right now. I installed MOPAR Rubicon Fender Flares with LED Turn Signals in my 2018 Sahara (Which originally had halogens). I went to the dealership and paid to have them install the Sales Code for LED lights. Does not work. After reading this thread, it seems that my dealer did what he thought was the right thing, but in fact NOBODY knows the proper sales code? Can @JeepCares help us?
It is in several posts on these forums, I don't have time to look for you. The Google may be able to find it. Jeep Cares would not give it to me. The other option is to buy a Tazer JL had hit "Y" on the "LED Fenders".. or indicators, can't remember which off the top if my head. It is obvious when you see it, and it works just fine.

It makes ZERO sense that Jeep won't give out the code.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The OEM fender lights do not come with additional wiring. The OEM LED head lights do. My 2018 Sport S that came with halogen fender lights did not require any additional wiring to plug in the OEM fenders with LED lights.

The kit also did not come with a code to enable the OEM fender lights. Jeep will not give the code to enable them to Mopar.
Using a Tazer JL enabled the LED fender lights and DRLs to work perfectly.

The nutshell - the wiring works. The problem is a software setting. Tazer JL solves it.
I upgraded my headlighs to the OEM LEDs last week and when I asked the dealer about doing the fender/turn signals he said the same thing. They are not able to get them to work because they have no sales code.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Update: on my drive home today, the signals just started working. No message on the dash. No hyperblink. No problems at all.

Then no more than 10 minutes into my drive, they stopped working again. First the right went out and I got a message on the Screen. Then the left went out. I don’t get it.

Does the Tazer fix all of this nonsense? Anyone else experience this where it works, then doesn’t work?
Sponsored