MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Mojito! 2.0t, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-sport
My daytime / turn signals are giving the bulb out error intermittently. The dealer added all of the sales codes on Friday, but I am not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My daytime / turn signals are giving the bulb out error intermittently. The dealer added all of the sales codes on Friday, but I am not sure what is going on. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yup, i had the same problem, only the Tazer fixed it.

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
Hey guys,

So today I installed the kit, sun was out for most the day :like:. Still working on fine tuning everything like zip ties, double checking the seating of the new wires inside the existing plugs, but the good news is the headlights work great! I just need to align them soon, maybe tonight I'll do that. The halos don't work but are officially hooked up. I'm hoping tomorrow if I can sneak a quick visit to the dealership and have them add the sales code from the instructions, that'll turn the halo's on. Otherwise I'll have to recheck my wiring which should be pretty damn easy at least. I took plenty of pictures, some I couldn't snap because I could barely fit my hand in some places (Firewall)/(BCM) and others are pretty self explanatory, but the instructions are very helpful filling in those gaps (but not perfect). :angry:

Just brainstorming, but are they not on simply because it's more of a DRL and that isn't enabled yet technically? (assuming I've hooked everything up correctly)....

Either way, I need the code added tomorrow and an oil change and rotation, so I hope I leave there happy with working halos and without an extra quart of oil like last time....:headbang:

~Cory
Hey there I don’t know if this will help but I got my Rubicon already had the LED Lights in it when I got it, the halo stays on all the time even when the lights are turned off, and even going into the settings and turning off the daytime or running light combo u can do with them there off, the halo ring is always on. You should have a hi low beam and and auto on headlight function and and interior light function no matter what is turned off the halos stay on, hope that helps it’s a bit long but I always do that. Lol

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
Hey there I don’t know if this will help but I got my Rubicon already had the LED Lights in it when I got it, the halo stays on all the time even when the lights are turned off, and even going into the settings and turning off the daytime or running light combo u can do with them there off, the halo ring is always on. You should have a hi low beam and and auto on headlight function and and interior light function no matter what is turned off the halos stay on, hope that helps it’s a bit long but I always do that. Lol
Oh and of course there only the one color I’m sure u know that tho. Bye

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Have you also done OEM LED fender flares?

Also does this already require you to have DRL already? I know DRL and LED are two different things in your window sticker/VIN

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Have you also done OEM LED fender flares?

Also does this already require you to have DRL already? I know DRL and LED are two different things in your window sticker/VIN
Butcho, adding LED Fender Flares will be one of my next projects among other things haha. Maybe this summer? :rock: I just take everything one project at a time and enjoy the process.

Also, it does not require DRL's to install this, but to function correctly you'll want your BCM flashed with the sales code.

Since the halos are DRL's, that software tweak turns the DRL feature (halos) on anyways I believe. So more or less, the Halos are now your DRL's and once you install this, you have the dealer do a software tweak to turn that feature (Halos/DRL's) on.

So if you don't have them right now, that's fine, these will become yours once it's completed properly. :captain:

I kinda rambled but I hope that kinda makes sense. :ontheloo:

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Butcho, it does not require DRL's to install this, but to function correctly you'll want your BCM flashed with the sales code.

Since the halos are DRL's, that software tweak turns the DRL feature (halos) on anyways I believe. So more or less, the Halos are now your DRL's and once you install this, you have the dealer do a software tweak to turn that feature (Halos/DRL's) on.

So if you don't have them right now, that's fine, these will become yours once it's completed properly. :captain:

I kinda rambled but I hope that kinda makes sense. :ontheloo:
Yeah it makes total sense. Have you also done the LED fender flares and gotten them to light up as DRLs as well? Believe you'd have to install the Rubicon fender flares.

OP
OP
l.a.j.o.i.e

l.a.j.o.i.e

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2DR
Yeah it makes total sense. Have you also done the LED fender flares and gotten them to light up as DRLs as well? Believe you'd have to install the Rubicon fender flares.
LED Fender Flares will be one of my next projects among other things. Maybe this summer? :rock: For me I just take everything one project at a time and enjoy the process. But I'm sure it'll look amazing once it's all finished haha.

jjiswhoiam

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Mojito! 2.0t, 2016 Lexus RC350 F-sport
Yup, i had the same problem, only the Tazer fixed it.
I gave in and ordered my tazer today. I just didn't want to buy one since that is the only thing I need to update on my Jeep. I will sell it on here when I am done. lol

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
This is before I added the LED Headlights & fog lights but I see a lot of people mentioning LED DRL, the set I have is from American adventure lab. The factory fenders on Sahara/Rubicon are a two piece design which can be separated and this new light is actually a bracket the supports the fenders once the interior lining has been removed. I love these things! They’re very bright and change to orange and are sequential when signaling.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-high-line-fender-brace-with-daytime-running-lights/

42230527-AB0D-48D9-B34D-21293431101C.jpeg

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
If they figure out a solution for you, please post here, and i’ll do the same! I hope my place is wrong too! I just want my halo’s to work.
Ok it looks good but I won’t get my JL until tomorrow waiting on parts. I asked the service manager if they are having trouble getting my halos working. “No just waiting on Parking lights it will be ready tomorrow afternoon. But I won’t sing until the fat lady. Either way I will post The final results tomorrow.

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Ok it looks good but I won’t get my JL until tomorrow waiting on parts. I asked the service manager if they are having trouble getting my halos working. “No just waiting on Parking lights it will be ready tomorrow afternoon. But I won’t sing until the fat lady. Either way I will post The final results tomorrow.
The solution seems to be only knowledge

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The solution seems to be only knowledge
Interesting. Ask them if they were able to add the “LPX” Sales Code? Because ultimately that’s my only roadblock, my dealer showed me the screen, and that code wasn’t available for the VIN on my JL Unlimited Rubicon.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
As someone looking to buy a JL in the future, this thread has been very revealing. I'm quite annoyed Jeep won't let me custom-order a Sport S model with LED's from the factory (and an 8.4" screen, and a better choice of wheels, etc., etc., but I digress) and I thought the MOPAR LED kit might be the way to go. I get it, I get it, they want to incentivize me to pay more for the upper models. LED's are a must-have for me as once you've driven a car with LED headlights, it's real hard to go back to halogens. It's unfortunate some of you are having such difficulties with Mopar LED kits. (And while we're talking LED lights, I really wish Jeep would allow us in the US to have the Euro-spec LED taillights... amber rear turn signals, please!!!!)

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Interesting. Ask them if they were able to add the “LPX” Sales Code? Because ultimately that’s my only roadblock, my dealer showed me the screen, and that code wasn’t available for the VIN on my JL Unlimited Rubicon.
Is your Jeep 2019?
Sponsored