Not open for further replies.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
The name is all about the marketing, instead of capability. MOAB has a nice ring to it and great name recognition.

Sounds like your wife may have some input on your decision? Does she also want a manual tranny?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
MOAB is an appearance package on a fully loaded Sahara with KM2 tires instead of All Terrain tires. I figure its a pretty good Mud/desert trail Jeep with the limited slip and select track transfer case rather than a pure rock crawler that a Rubicon is. They each have their purposes.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
The name is all about the marketing, instead of capability. MOAB has a nice ring to it and great name recognition.

Sounds like your wife may have some input on your decision? Does she also want a manual tranny?
Actually, no lol. So, for clarity....she got the car she wants a year ago. She wanted input from my on things but I told her it is hers and to get it as she wants it. She sort of tells me the same thing when it comes to me buying a Jeep. She just has her opinion on certain things....

Like color.... can't do black because AZ. Can't do Granite since my F-150 is basically that color (and yet I love it), no white because that is the color she has....red looks orange in some light, orange is um...too orange, yellow is nope.... get the idea? In the end I am driving it, but she is riding in it, so it has to "meet" her standards lol.

I'm good with that.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
MOAB is an appearance package on a fully loaded Sahara with KM2 tires instead of All Terrain tires. I figure its a pretty good Mud/desert trail Jeep with the limited slip and select track transfer case rather than a pure rock crawler that a Rubicon is. They each have their purposes.
Also the Rubi's shocks and springs. It's a decent package and cheaper than a Rubi.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Also the Rubi's shocks and springs. It's a decent package and cheaper than a Rubi.
Yep. didn't mention the shocks and springs as the MOAB (as far as I know) has the same ones as the Sahara.

Sponsored

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. didn't mention the shocks and springs as the MOAB (as far as I know) has the same ones as the Sahara.
I remember reading in a MOAB forum that it was verified by the part numbers that the MOAB shocks and springs are in fact the same as the Rubi's and sits higher up then the Sahara. The shocks are red too just like the rubi's.

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I remember reading in a MOAB forum that it was verified by the part numbers that the MOAB shocks and springs are in fact the same as the Rubi's and sits higher up then the Sahara. The shocks are red too just like the rubi's.
I think in the same thread someone showed how that statement was false. Again, adding to the confusion I had lol

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
I think in the same thread someone showed how that statement was false. Again, adding to the confusion I had lol
I'm doing the fox 2" lift kit so I'll take a look at the shocks and springs and verify.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, well I've seen one up close but it didn't look any taller than the other Jeeps next to it, so probably why I didn't think anything of the suspension parts.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A question for you MOAB owners. How does the paint on the hard top fare on the trails? Where I live there's no wide open land to go off roading and the tree branches scrape on my hard top pretty much the whole time I'm off the hard ball.

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
I would guess that light off-roading at speed (desert driving maybe) where Selectrac is most useful would be the only such case.

It will definitely be better than a Rubi on highway during snow or rain due to the selectrac.

More options are better than less, in any case.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
A question for you MOAB owners. How does the paint on the hard top fare on the trails? Where I live there's no wide open land to go off roading and the tree branches scrape on my hard top pretty much the whole time I'm off the hard ball.
Probably a good point! I would say take it off.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
This is the fix for that.
IMG_0872.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.