Mishimoto Engine Oil Drain

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I could swear I saw a Mishimoto engine oil drain valve. Add a length of hose and flip the little clip and away you go. I'm searching everywhere, even their site but I am not finding them They were about $32. Am I thinking of a different brand?
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Stahlbus...just put one on, they're great!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I had a Stahlbus on a GM truck. The thread size was just too small in diameter to allow for a large enough valve. It just didn't work fast enough for my tastes. But I can see where it would allow for a larger check valve and work better on the larger size thread that the Jeep has.

Right now, without a limitation of skids, I don't think I'll pursue a quick drain. But once I get the full belly skids installed, I'll see if it may be more convenient to have.

Sponsored

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I put a Fumoto on my wife's JLUR 2.0. Makes oil changes cake, and clean! SInce it's on 37's with a 3.5" MC GC lift, I slide underneath, pull the clip, flip the lever and let it drain without making a mess!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do you remember which model? I want to put a small length of hose so the oil goes straight into a container. F106N? https://www.fumotousa.com/cars-pickups-jeep-2022-wrangler-2-0l-l4-turbo?displayMode=grid
@AZJeepGuy

For small footprint and the ability to hook up a hose to the Fumoto...

Go with a F106S: Short Nipple Oil Drain Valve with M14-1.5

and also order a Fumoto plastic socket... get either a SH-10 or SL-10 to securely connect a hose to the nipple.

Also, buy a 5/8" hose clip to use for locking the valve for added security.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto Engine Oil Drain 5-8 hose.clip.JPG

Good you are going with a Fumoto versus the other offerings. Fumoto has been around for many years and has an excellent track record. It is the auto drain valve used in most commercial applications. (Heavy equip., Aircraft, etc.)

OP
OP
AZJeepGuy

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
On the F106N the nipple will stick out too far?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the F106N the nipple will stick out too far?
@AZJeepGuy

Over the years, I have used both the S and the N. With the N, you push the hose onto the nipple.. with the S, you just gently press on the hose with the Sh-10 on it.

To me, comparing the two, I prefer the S. The S is indeed shorter, sticks out less and again, I like attaching the hose with the Sh-10 versus pushing the hose onto the nipple.

Note: You will find that more often then not whether you use an N or an S, you will not even need to use the hose. Just place your pan underneath and open the valve... YES, if you have a skid plate then the hose is a must have..

Do, also order a gun magnet to attach to the JL's oil pan. You will remove the magnet, after engine is off and just before you drain the oil.

Do take the time to read at the Fumoto thread below. Lots of info there that you will want to read before you do the Fumoto install.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...m14-1-5-drain-valve-for-the-wrangler-jl.4441/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AZJeepGuy

Don't waste your money on the LC-10 lever clip sold by Fumoto.
A metal hose clip is way way better. The LC-10 comes off way to easy and does not hold up very well..
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto Engine Oil Drain 999

Just buy a 5/8" hose clip to use for locking the valve for added security.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto Engine Oil Drain 5-8 hose.clip.JPG
Sponsored