Sponsored

Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS

XLMOJITO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
9000 miles on 38s on a 2 door , all street and highway , 38s on a Gladiator 1300 miles , both wearing in fine and look amazing. They actually do surprisingly well on the highway and I have a heavy foot.
Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
9000 miles on 38s on a 2 door , all street and highway , 38s on a Gladiator 1300 miles , both wearing in fine and look amazing. They actually do surprisingly well on the highway and I have a heavy foot.
Please post pics of your Gladiator! I just traded my JLUR for a Gladiator Mojave ;-)

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got rid of that beautiful Mojito?
Yea it was hard to let it go...but I got $46k on trade for it when I paid $42k for it three years ago almost to the day. The dealer sold it within a day for $52k! I almost pulled the trigger back in October so I am glad I waited. The Gladiator really is perfect for me and I have wanted one since they came out. A utility/offroad trailer was not in the cards so the Wrangler was a bit of a compromise. Here are a couple of pics of the big day:

(sorry for going off topic)

Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 1624482735647

Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 1624482757572

XLMOJITO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yea it was hard to let it go...but I got $46k on trade for it when I paid $42k for it three years ago almost to the day. The dealer sold it within a day for $52k! I almost pulled the trigger back in October so I am glad I waited. The Gladiator really is perfect for me and I have wanted one since they came out. A utility/offroad trailer was not in the cards so the Wrangler was a bit of a compromise. Here are a couple of pics of the big day:

(sorry for going off topic)

Yup , definitely a hard deal to pass up. Mojave looks real good. I’ll post up some pics on the Gladiator forum I have the Mojave as well .

Sponsored

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

XLMOJITO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Holy shit man I love this! I have so many questions but don't want to derail the thread lol.

Cheers
Many thanks, I’m actually putting it up for sale , pm me for any questions on the build .

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Many thanks, I’m actually putting it up for sale , pm me for any questions on the build .
How did you end up getting them to balance?! I got the 35s and 6/12oz beads didnt give me much luck. When i got the tires removed i found the beads were sticking to the sidewalls.

my new wheels are going to be here in acouple weeks so i want to find a better way to balance them.

Reactions: J0E

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Buddy of mine trying to sell me a set of these at a great price. Can’t decide. I’m a realtor so I drive a lot! Currently running the Baja boss 37 12.5. Rubicon gears have been fine thus far. Y’all running stock gearing with these 38 13.5 XS’s?

F8C605A8-48CB-497A-AB9D-DFA9EB315F53.jpeg

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What do these measure mounted on the jeep?

XLMOJITO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How did you end up getting them to balance?! I got the 35s and 6/12oz beads didnt give me much luck. When i got the tires removed i found the beads were sticking to the sidewalls.

my new wheels are going to be here in acouple weeks so i want to find a better way to balance them.
Standard weights worked

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this thread. Any updates on mileage, wear and road handling characteristics? Plenty of info out there about off road but very little otherwise. The motor trend article with 7000 miles suggested the are wearing great whereas the YouTuber in California that did a review on his 2 door suggests they are wearing really quickly. If I could get 25k miles out of a set I will likely pull the trigger next year.

Cheers

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
Decided to give these a shot 35/13.5/17. Thank you all for posting on this thread.

Just as expected as some of you stated, they are pretty noisy on the road compared to the KO2 and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers I ran before.
I work from home so I don't mind the noise when I do eventually drive it and I have a 2nd car which is my daily. I also have the hard top so I can only imagine running a soft top and the noise levels.

Looks wise, it could be my #1 favorite looking tire. Super aggressive looking.

Only have about 300 miles on them so far and they are wearing evenly. I know that is not a lot of miles but I will check back in again once I reach 5k miles 🙏
Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 64A01B52-8CB9-42BD-9D5C-FB4A730F9E17

Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS FullSizeRender 10

Jeep Wrangler JL Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS FullSizeRender 12
Sponsored

Last edited: