May incentives...?

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have got a quote for a JLU Rubicon that is about 12% off MSRP (about 6% off invoice). any thoughts on this? seems to be a decent deal for a 2020 Rubicon but wanted to see what others folks have seen. I'm always waiting for a better deal or better option in the next year model, but was thinking of just going with it. Seems like there is always better deals and options coming. I could potentially wait for 2021 models but not even sure what new options they would introduce at this point no news been out.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I have got a quote for a JLU Rubicon that is about 12% off MSRP (about 6% off invoice). any thoughts on this?
Do it. Life is short, Jeeps are fun. Get tread lightly and you may be able to get an additional 1% off.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Wtf? I thought that promo was to expire May 4th. Where are the new incentives for May or are they just continuing the same ole same ole till June 1st now?
I was watching a couple of vehicles at reasonable driving distance from my house. One of them had the employee pricing discount removed today, the other one didn't, so I can't tell for sure about employee pricing. I can't imagine that they would stop the incentive considering that sales are very slow even with it.

I do see that the Wranglers are selling but selling very slowly. I see plenty of inventory at most dealers, and some have a lot of inventory. I think there will be plenty of inventory at such time as the factories resume production, and then what are they going to do? There may be some good incentives at that time if you're willing to wait and watch, but the selection may not be quite as good.

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do, but without the incentives I won't be considering a new Wrangler.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do it. Life is short, Jeeps are fun. Get tread lightly and you may be able to get an additional 1% off.
I read on the tread lightly that I need to be a $100 paid member and need to have the membership for at least 30 days before receiving the coupon for 1%. Not sure if the 30 days is a must or not. but also, I'm taking advantage of corporate program, not sure if they would be combining all these together or not. have you had any experience on this?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... have you had any experience on this?
I have.

If you work for an FCA affiliated company, you should already have access to a control number with your eligibility that will be verified at the time of purchase. You may not need tread lightly since they both use the same portal and most dealerships take either.

I did not qualify for the FCA affiliate program so joined TreadLightly and paid the $100 membership to save 1%. After two weeks, I had access to the control number. By the time my Wrangler arrived, I had exceeded 30 days of membership.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Tread Lightly is actually 2% of invoice. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. A motivated dealer might give up the percent to closed the deal if they are close to their quota or sales goal. It's the beginning of the month now so I assume the possibility of that might not happen until the end of the month. Just depends on individual dealer and where they stand as far as sales goals.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`
Tread Lightly is actually 2% of invoice. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. A motivated dealer might give up the percent to closed the deal if they are close to their quota or sales goal. It's the beginning of the month now so I assume the possibility of that might not happen until the end of the month. Just depends on individual dealer and where they stand as far as sales goals.
I have.

If you work for an FCA affiliated company, you should already have access to a control number with your eligibility that will be verified at the time of purchase. You may not need tread lightly since they both use the same portal and most dealerships take either.

I did not qualify for the FCA affiliate program so joined TreadLightly and paid the $100 membership to save 1%. After two weeks, I had access to the control number. By the time my Wrangler arrived, I had exceeded 30 days of membership.
I know usually they usually just take one control number and won't combine two to get more discount. At this point, they were willing to offer the ~1% for the FCA affiliated company, making the deal 12% off MSRP, but my goal is to get it to 15%. I have to see what they can do. I also did receive a bonus cash card from Jeep via email but I don't think it would be applicable to Rubicon models.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
... but my goal is to get it to 15%...
Don’t get greedy. Take the 12%. See what other incentives the finance office can provide you while in there. Keep in mind, money that’s applied towards your Jeep that you didn’t have to provide counts towards your amount off price. Which I’m assuming people who say they got more off are factoring in.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t get greedy. Take the 12%. See what other incentives the finance office can provide you while in there. Keep in mind, money that’s applied towards your Jeep that you didn’t have to provide counts towards your amount off price. Which I’m assuming people who say they got more off are factoring in.
What do you mean by that? I'm assuming you are referring to any incentives at the financing and on the APR, but would you please explain it in more details what you are referring to? Anything would be helpful as I might have to go through this process soon, and due to current situation, everything will be remote. So any insight would help. Thanks.

BHo

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my 2020 JLUR in Mid April for -13% off MSRP with 0%APR at 36mo and near HIGH Blue Book for 2003 TJ Rubicon on trade. Pretty easy deal, used standard negotiation in this order:
1) Negotiated New Jeep Price, Lastly used an additional $1000 dealer cash from online ad after negotiating price. Also negotiated OUT of nitrogen tire charge and $400 Window Tint add-ons that the deal typically try’s to add $1k to MSRP. Paid $50 for my front window tint. All these little items add up.
2) Negotiated Trade in price. Knew market values before I talked about trade.
3) Agreed to above numbers (this should only have a documentation fee, DON’T let the dealer add additional fees, negotiate)
4) Had finance ONLY run credit with Chrysler Capital since I did my finance research before hand, 0%APR at 36mo. Also, not a bad idea to already have your private financing in hand instead of allowing the dealer to misguide less intuitive paperwork folks.
5) review, review, and sign

Don’t tell them what you can and can’t afford in monthly payments. Do your homework and know payments and interest rates before you start negotiations.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I read on the tread lightly that I need to be a $100 paid member and need to have the membership for at least 30 days before receiving the coupon for 1%. Not sure if the 30 days is a must or not.
I'm guessing that you would find the 30 days to be a must Mike. My ordered jeep arrived and was ready for delivery on a Friday that was 28 days after my having joined Tread Lightly. The dealer told me that they couldn't honor the discount unless I waited until Monday to pick the jeep up.

Later,
Johnny

gortiz74

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I am also in the middle of negotiating and trying to buy a 2020 JLU Rubicon. So far I am at 4% under invoice with a couple dealerships, but having trouble getting to that 6% on built options. Sticking it out seems like the best bet right now.
where did you get your invoice price? I'm using the most recent order guides someone posted on here ...

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
@Nole_Dynasty which dealership? I had one ready to go and the dealership sold it before I could come in and sign :( I was pretty mad as I have bought ALL my Jeeps from this same dealership. But I understand that the dealership needs to sell.

I have looked all over the Charlotte area for my Recon, and each time I found one and contacted the dealership it was already sold. Seems the Recon's are going FAST. Luckily I found my second choice (White) and struck a deal. Going in tomorrow to sign the last piece of paperwork. The only option it is missing is the tow package, but I have them adding the Mopar Tow Hitch and wiring. I know I will not get he 4 Aux plugs, but never needed them in my last Jeep. I can always add that as well if needed.

Good luck on your search.

Ken~

Don;t forget, you also won't be getting the higher output alternator or battery - anyone can bolt on a receiver and wire in a 4-7 pin wiring harness...
Sponsored