danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was originally planning to custom order but the whole shutdown put a damper on those plans, still an option but I want my new Jeep for the summer. I've started virtually negotiating with a dew dealers in the Charlotte area and I'm happy with one or two of the prices I've received....averaging about 10-11% under MSRP (which is about 4-4.5% under invoice). Not quite as great as the 7-8% under invoice quotes I received for a custom order.

One of the dealers noted today that the financing offers and Employee Pricing will be going away in May but isn't sure what the new incentives will be...if any. Any insight here? I'm trying to get another % or two off and hoping the end of the month push will do that.
Wait till Friday and you'll know the May rebates. Its always the same every month end they need to hit quota's,etc. With the virus not going anywhere soon, I'm sure they will extend EP or something similar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve got a 4:30 appointment tomorrow at the 3rd dealership in the Charlotte area I will have visited this week. This one by far has the most inventory (195 Wranglers alone on their lot) and is currently offering the best ADVERTISED price on Wranglers.

I can also wait....REALLY don’t want to as it’s perfect Jeep weather right now so I’m going in with the number I’d buy at and walking away if they can’t meet it. Only ~$1,500 away right now on the one I want (has EVERYTHING I would custom order plus Safety group and MOPAR mats that I would not order).

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
@Nole_Dynasty which dealership? I had one ready to go and the dealership sold it before I could come in and sign :( I was pretty mad as I have bought ALL my Jeeps from this same dealership. But I understand that the dealership needs to sell.

I have looked all over the Charlotte area for my Recon, and each time I found one and contacted the dealership it was already sold. Seems the Recon's are going FAST. Luckily I found my second choice (White) and struck a deal. Going in tomorrow to sign the last piece of paperwork. The only option it is missing is the tow package, but I have them adding the Mopar Tow Hitch and wiring. I know I will not get he 4 Aux plugs, but never needed them in my last Jeep. I can always add that as well if needed.

Good luck on your search.

Ken~

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Nole_Dynasty which dealership? I had one ready to go and the dealership sold it before I could come in and sign :( I was pretty mad as I have bought ALL my Jeeps from this same dealership. But I understand that the dealership needs to sell.

I have looked all over the Charlotte area for my Recon, and each time I found one and contacted the dealership it was already sold. Seems the Recon's are going FAST. Luckily I found my second choice (White) and struck a deal. Going in tomorrow to sign the last piece of paperwork. The only option it is missing is the tow package, but I have them adding the Mopar Tow Hitch and wiring. I know I will not get he 4 Aux plugs, but never needed them in my last Jeep. I can always add that as well if needed.

Good luck on your search.

Ken~
I test drove a white Recon on Monday at Hendrick Jeep but I’m not looking for a Recon. Lake Norman also has a white Recon and both of them have the tow package.

I’ll be going in to Lake Norman Jeep tomorrow. Which dealership are you going to? Mind letting me know what kind of deal you are getting? Feel free to private message me.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Would we expect to see the new incentives tomorrow (May 1) morning?

Sponsored

gogiantsfan11

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I am looking to lease a Sahara and was told to wait til May that the deals will be better but that was for a lease. Can't use my local dealership since there are no swapping cars and they don't have what I am looking for and who knows when that will be lifted.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I’ve got a 4:30 appointment tomorrow at the 3rd dealership in the Charlotte area I will have visited this week. This one by far has the most inventory (195 Wranglers alone on their lot) and is currently offering the best ADVERTISED price on Wranglers.
I wish you luck but this doesn't sound like a good combination. Advertised prices are just advertising, the real price is what counts. Look at the customer reviews on cars.com and see what it sounds like. There is a dealer I found in my long range searching that has a lot of wranglers, and advertises them for $3000 less than other dealers. I was reading their reviews and they seemed very untrustworthy, a lot of people complained about add-on fees, vehicle not available, etc. to the point that I concluded that their prices were not real. If they were pricing $3k less than everybody else they wouldn't still have that large inventory when everybody else in my area has low inventory.

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wish you luck but this doesn't sound like a good combination. Advertised prices are just advertising, the real price is what counts. Look at the customer reviews on cars.com and see what it sounds like. There is a dealer I found in my long range searching that has a lot of wranglers, and advertises them for $3000 less than other dealers. I was reading their reviews and they seemed very untrustworthy, a lot of people complained about add-on fees, vehicle not available, etc. to the point that I concluded that their prices were not real. If they were pricing $3k less than everybody else they wouldn't still have that large inventory when everybody else in my area has low inventory.
Fair points. I've invested countless hours into looking for the perfect Jeep (I can show the spreadsheets I've created to track, monitor prices and update what I've been able to virtually negotiate) so I'm definitely not going to settle given I'm not in a huge rush.

I went into Lake Norman today, test drove to Jeep's but they were not willing to come below any of their prices they have listed on their website. I was immediately turned off when the first price they offered me was above the price they listed on their website. I gave him my number and he said they aren't currently looking to take any discounts given they don't know when they will be getting new inventory in.

He did drive me over to their incredibly fancy and state of the art facility (Carolina Customs) where they customize Jeeps. He noted it used to be Michael Waltrip's facility where they built out all his NASCAR's. If anything, this also turned me off...quit spending so much money on a state of the art upgrade facility and give more deals to your customers.

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went in today to buy (month end) and got $1,700 under invoice on a fully loaded Rubi.
I’ve got both dealerships just over $2,000 under invoice on both without any negotiating. Trying to budge for more. These aren’t fully loaded Rubicons either.

Sponsored

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got both dealerships just over $2,000 under invoice on both without any negotiating. Trying to budge for more. These aren’t fully loaded Rubicons either.
I say keep pressing them! The dealer told me they're selling half of what they normally sell weekly. I think they will come down even more before it starts the uptick. It's a fine line. I think after May things may start pick up again.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I'm in the same situation. I was planning to custom order one, but I was able to find the JLU Rubicon with most options that I was looking for, but the dealer is not giving much discount from MSRP and only offering about 2k incentives. Typically, how much does the invoice run for this car? Since, I'm dealing with them through web and I haven't asked for the invoice price yet, it would be helpful to know the invoice and how much lower i should be asking. I see some dealers have anywhere between 5k to 7k off the MSRP. Any thoughts?

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same situation. I was planning to custom order one, but I was able to find the JLU Rubicon with most options that I was looking for, but the dealer is not giving much discount from MSRP and only offering about 2k incentives. Typically, how much does the invoice run for this car? Since, I'm dealing with them through web and I haven't asked for the invoice price yet, it would be helpful to know the invoice and how much lower i should be asking. I see some dealers have anywhere between 5k to 7k off the MSRP. Any thoughts?
Invoice is usually between 5 and 6 lower than the MSRP generally speaking for these. But perhaps a dealer could chime in.

NotEnufToys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laredo
Here's hoping.
There's a Jeep on the lot I really like, but can't justify paying for, a little more help would be great.
210+ days on the lot and not willing to deal any more than current incentives
Where can one find info of how many days on the lot?

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Not sure what the change in promotion was, but some Jeeps went up in price.
Sponsored