Sponsored

May incentives...?

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Where can one find info of how many days on the lot?
CarGurus and some of those third party sites track days on, price changes, etc. Forget which has which as I used a combination, but look at CarGurus, cars.com, Edmunds, Autotrader....
Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
For a fairly stripped Sport model I got a quote from a dealer for 10.7% off MSRP. They added $440 in fees and state sales tax on top of that. I think a lot of shopping could beat that by a little bit and I would think for a heavily optioned model you should be able to easily beat that. I'm guessing that past 10.7% you have to fight pretty hard to get a little bit more off, and consider that for a vehicle with $40k MSRP you are lowering the price by $400 for each percentage point. Not that $400 isn't an amount you would like to save, but at some point you pick the car that you want, you get the best price that you can, and you buy it. The quote that I mentioned above came out $8600 over the budget that my wife gave me. She would probably let me buy it but I think I need to stick closer to our budget so I'm looking elsewhere. And I have to consider that the purchase price is not the end of it, there will be new wheels/tires, new lift, ... I may talk myself back into the used market but I'm also waiting to see what the incentives are for May.

I don't have to buy anything right now because after all where would I be able to go in it? But I'm concerned that inventory is running low in some places and I may not be able to buy what I want for much longer. I can see that when a dealer's inventory gets low they might not be so interested in dealing, but if production is to resume in the near future and new vehicles are selling much slower than before, the manufacturer will be looking for places to put the new production. They will want dealers to clear their current inventory.

I've been watching local listings for several months and I don't think dealers are selling at half the previous rate, I think it is much lower than that, maybe lower than 1/4 the previous rate.

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Where can one find info of how many days on the lot?
The dealer will tell you. They will also provide their invoice on the vehicle so you can see exactly what they are discounting beyond that.. or not.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer told me employee pricing is extended to June 1.

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I just got an email from a local dealer that said the EP expires 5/4.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got an email from a local dealer that said the EP expires 5/4.
Yes I got that one too from a third dealer I've talked to. I guess I could call dealer #4 and try to get a tie-breaker.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Employee Pricing is not a big deal. It's only 4%-under invoice. You can usually do better.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
For me, prices only seemed to have gone up in May. Substantially at some dealers.

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just locked in 11.47% under MSRP (MSRP $57,540, sales price $50,940). Dealer started off with $5,000 off when I went in on Tuesday, I walked out. Virtually negotiated $6,000 off. I then rec'd $6,500 off an almost identical Wrangler from another dealership so he called back and was able to offer $6,600 this morning. The other dealer said $6,500 was the best they could do.

Heading in shortly to sign the papers. Financing and everything else already taken care of this morning as well. Hopefully it's quick and easy.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Just locked in 11.47% under MSRP (MSRP $57,540, sales price $50,940). Dealer started off with $5,000 off when I went in on Tuesday, I walked out. Virtually negotiated $6,000 off. I then rec'd $6,500 off an almost identical Wrangler from another dealership so he called back and was able to offer $6,600 this morning. The other dealer said $6,500 was the best they could do.

Heading in shortly to sign the papers. Financing and everything else already taken care of this morning as well. Hopefully it's quick and easy.
If you don’t mind me asking, which dealer did you end up going with? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If you don’t mind me asking, which dealer did you end up going with? Thanks.
Lake Norman Jeep. I ended up getting the same % under MSRP from Gastonia Jeep but Lake Norman had the one I wanted. I worked with Mark Mosayebi.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Employee Pricing is not a big deal. It's only 4%-under invoice. You can usually do better.
You would think, but dealers around here are not adding much discount. The quotes I've gotten include 4-6% discount plus the factory incentives. Now if you want to buy a loaded RAM pickup, you can get a big dealer discount, but not on Wranglers.

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
One thing that factory incentives do is cause the dealer to get money from the factory. So, if you can negotiate $5K off MSRP, you can get that same $5K off the EP and the dealer makes the same money off the deal.

RubiHOG

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2017 Harley Road Glide
I got 11.4% off MSRP going in on the second-to-last day of the month last week. MSRP of 52,505, sell price of 46,500 (plus tt&l, of course). I did pay $800 extra for the ceramic paint protection and interior protection package though.

skidave74

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, VW Tiguan
Hi All, I had ordered back on March 13. JLU Rubicon, 52450 msrp, 49665 invoice, selling price of 46500. I think I did OK, was my local dealer in NJ. Based my price off of Criswell in MD.

Happy to be a part of the Wrangler family (almost, waiting for it to be built). First Wrangler in fact!
Sponsored