sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Cllowe, need to post photos of the "bug", of course next to the Jeep.
Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@Cllowe, nice "bug", thanks for the photos.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Finished up my 1 1/2 DOM cross brace which will bolt up between the tow loops with 3/4 in grade 8 bolts. As discussed earlier this is just a supplement to the cross brace that I built for the Blue OX tow bar. Photos to follow soon

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Recieved my Tie Rod yesterday with the quick disconnect on one end only, it really needs both as it does not really store very well. Over all I am pleased with the solution. Unfortunately the frame Tie in plates Maximus promised did not ship yet. I will sau woth quick disconnects on both emds this is an easy hook up and storage. It will not properly store with the NSA (Ready BRute Elite) tow bar. but if I had two quick disconnects it will easy to remove it and store in the basement. It is rare thoujgh that we drive the motorhome without the TOAD. Here are some pics

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops IMG-0320

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops IMG-0315

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops IMG-0313

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops IMG-0321

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops IMG-0323

Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Recieved my Tie Rod yesterday with the quick disconnect on one end only, it really needs both as it does not really store very well. Over all I am pleased with the solution. Unfortunately the frame Tie in plates Maximus promised did not ship yet. I will sau woth quick disconnects on both emds this is an easy hook up and storage. It will not properly store with the NSA (Ready BRute Elite) tow bar. but if I had two quick disconnects it will easy to remove it and store in the basement. It is rare thoujgh that we drive the motorhome without the TOAD. Here are some pics
That is a nice looking rig and setup!

We are flat towing our 4xe for the first time next weekend with maximus tow loops/blue ox system. I did a test run and it was a bit tedious hooking up the tie rod. I have two ratcheting wrenches im taking along to speed up the process as best as possible.

Are the disconnects available commercially yet or are you beta testing them? I live in metro detroit and could pick some up from their shop if they are selling them yet.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
That is a nice looking rig and setup!

We are flat towing our 4xe for the first time next weekend with maximus tow loops/blue ox system. I did a test run and it was a bit tedious hooking up the tie rod. I have two ratcheting wrenches im taking along to speed up the process as best as possible.

Are the disconnects available commercially yet or are you beta testing them? I live in metro detroit and could pick some up from their shop if they are selling them yet.
They made mine custom as the NSA tow bar is 5/8" bolts and the Tie rod is 1/2" so theyt had to make a specual quick cennect that is 5/8" for the clevis and the quick connect portion is 1/2". I believe the 1/2" version is available. But they are tow bar and clevis specific, I simple email the measurements of my clevis to them. Call maximus and ask for Joseph he has been great to work with on these issues. this is what the disconnect bolt looks like, the nut in the middle is welded in place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus 3 Tow Loops qd maximus

Last edited:

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delay, here is my homebuilt Maximus-3 Tow Loop brace and the "triangulation" brace for the Blue Ox.

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Sorry for the delay, here is my homebuilt Maximus-3 Tow Loop brace and the "triangulation" brace for the Blue Ox.

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg
I received my tie rod after towing without for 2 seasons with no bending or damage. Tried to install it and it is too long. Same Blue Ox towbar and adapters as yours. But my tie rod is black. Yours is silver. I'm not happy.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
TJDave, I built the "Silver" triangulation bar, cost me under $70 for the parts/shipping thru Speedway Motors. The rod itself is 30" long, adding the LH/RH treaded rod ends. and adjusting center to center measurement to approximately 33.25 inches.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a photo of my build on my JLUS. When we hook up again, I'll take a picture of the way I hook up the safety chains.

IMG_3418.jpeg

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I built the "Silver" triangulation bar, cost me under $70 for the parts/shipping thru Speedway Motors. The rod itself is 30" long, adding the LH/RH treaded rod ends. and adjusting center to center measurement to approximately 33.25 inches.
@sstuner, can you provide a parts list and a possible write up of your DYI tie rod build?

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@KDB

Here are the parts used to build the bar:
Purchased online at Speedway Motors.
Bolts are grade 8, 1/2-20 x 2 3/4 inch with nuts. I'm going to replace these with 3 inch long ones.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 14.34.46.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 14.34.27.png
Sponsored