Sponsored

Magnuson Installed-minor issues

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hello recently got the Magnuson SC installed on my JL. The kits overall are good and it's great to have the extra torque. One concern is the transition from boost to vacuum. If you are on the freeway at a certain speed, the jeep kind of surges very lightly. You can see it in the speedo but feel it. I see others have retune the ecu not from Magnuson so I might have to try that. Another issue I had is the traction control/auto start-stop coming on randomly, but not all the time and they reset when the car is turned off. Lastly, the outside ambient temperature isn't correct but I think the installer didn't relocate the sensor properly. Overall though if you get on it you definitely have some passing power.
Sponsored

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Have a few buddies with the new Maggie's though it's the HC platform they rave about them. So you have a Maggie tune that essentially came with it? If so several killer tuners for that platform depending on where your at. Doesn't matter all that much you can Data log and they can fix her all up. Some pics if you wouldn't mind sharing.

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks, I agree seems like a tuning issue. I do know it's their new tune from hp tuners. I'll try to snap some pictures later

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hello recently got the Magnuson SC installed on my JL. The kits overall are good and it's great to have the extra torque. One concern is the transition from boost to vacuum. If you are on the freeway at a certain speed, the jeep kind of surges very lightly. You can see it in the speedo but feel it. I see others have retune the ecu not from Magnuson so I might have to try that. Another issue I had is the traction control/auto start-stop coming on randomly, but not all the time and they reset when the car is turned off. Lastly, the outside ambient temperature isn't correct but I think the installer didn't relocate the sensor properly. Overall though if you get on it you definitely have some passing power.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you mind sharing who did your installation? I live in San Diego and can't find anyone around here and I notice your profile shows you are in Los Angeles. A Los Angeles shop would be great if I knew they were recommended. Thank you.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Check out the same forum over on the JT site. Many have the same issue with the canned Magnusson tune, but there are some posters over there that have overcome this with custom tuners.
Looking hard at maggy for my JT, and this is my main concern with it.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
live near Magnusom. Following for updates. ready to buy.

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
live near Magnusom. Following for updates. ready to buy.
Yeah, I also live close by, but as far as I know, they won't sell in CA since the CARB is pending. Might need to get it out of state. The JL forum has updated tunes but I haven't been able to upload it yet since you need a new module and credits to upload the tunes.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
I have the Magnuson SC installed and have the same issue with the temperature reading too hot. The thermometer was placed too close to a heat source during installation. I'm working on a simple fix and will be sure to post if I find one. Other issue I've experience: The SC is very particular when it comes to the air filter. Mine only likes the Carquest Premium air filter sold at Advanced Auto. Anything else and I get jerking in 3rd and 4th gear. Just can't pull enough air in fast enough with cheap filters.

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Ecodiesel, 2023 JL 2.0L, 2019 Duramax
I have the Magnuson SC installed and have the same issue with the temperature reading too hot. The thermometer was placed too close to a heat source during installation. I'm working on a simple fix and will be sure to post if I find one. Other issue I've experience: The SC is very particular when it comes to the air filter. Mine only likes the Carquest Premium air filter sold at Advanced Auto. Anything else and I get jerking in 3rd and 4th gear. Just can't pull enough air in fast enough with cheap filters.
Easiest fix for the temp sensor is to splice additional wire and relocate back to the original position. Did that on a '20 JL that I ran with the Magnuson for ~10,000 miles and never had a problem.
Sponsored