First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson installed on my ‘20 Gladiator 4B751DE9-5767-4202-88E5-C8B7E0A0F5BD
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson installed on my ‘20 Gladiator 9D0E3A9C-E13E-44B0-96AC-726C6968F6C3
Jeep Wrangler JL Magnuson installed on my ‘20 Gladiator D5B0DCCF-0CCD-4CA8-9228-C4C48D16C971

took me forever to get around to getting this installed. schedule at work for my buddy and I was crazy with lots of travel. I finally gave up and dropped the truck at Bull Run to have installed there while i was traveling. im not on the forums much these days…the ROI on my time is just not there. I try to be responsive to questions via DM, so thats generally a better way to get something answered.

bluf- would i do this again: yes. Its great to have TQ, and it drives like a big V8.

combined with @DAVECS1 tuning, it feels very Rand Rover-esque in terms of drivability. There is no feeling of build up or rush of boost. It just hits and goes. It appears I am not hitting full boost targets, and I didnt expect to on my initial file on account of the exhaust. Im sending Dave an exhaust so he can tweak the files. For there to be no drivability issues on a first cut of a tune file is amazing. So, again, hats off to Dave and his expertise.

why i chose magnuson:

there are 3 primary types of blowers used today: whipple/twinscrew, tvs, and centrifugal. of these, centrifual is the least thermally efficient and whipple the most efficient. Assuming all else is equal and appropriately sized, you get 12°IAT increase per psi with a whipple, 13° on a TVS, and 13.5-14° on a centrifugal. Centrifugals also are generally limited to air to air IC’s vs A2W. Pd blowers will make more tq, and assuming the centri isnt over sized (and many are) the peak hp is the same.

the other big advantage of the TVS over the Centri (and to a lesser extent even over the whipple) is the bottom end tq hit. Put simply- what i want out of these blowers is area under the curve and a deep well of tq, and nothing beats a TVS for that.

the other issues i have with centris is the packaging. I think hamburgers has a sealed airbox now, but i dont want to have to drop the alternator down in the engine bay of an off road vehicle.

the side car set up of the Magnuson maximizes the space available for larger blower and substantially larger intercooler brick than other designs would, so thats a plus. combine that with Sealed airbox, deep well of TQ, and stock alternator location; and its the best packaging/application for a truck imo.

next steps for me are maximizing efficiency further. AWE has built me a secondary coolant reservoir for more HX coolant, i have a high GPM pump to keep IC brick temps lower, heat wrap for the cold side lines, and a FI systems interchiller to run HX coolant through a box cooled by the AC. l

overall happy with the set up combined with Dave’s excellent tuning. I think it’s the best combination available on the market.
Sponsored

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice, just sent you a DM, disregard.