Magnaflow black axleback rusting

timkim

First Name
tae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Got it like 4 months ago from northridge4x4. Its rusting. Northridge helped me alot to take care of this matter. But magnaflow wants this back before make decision. I do not have stock to replace it. Specially when i had to pay for the install because pipe was too tight for my self to install. Anyways. Is this normal to have rust? Im just gonna use it for now see how it will hold up. Not a big deal.

08EDB713-CFBD-496A-8912-2C4AB4F021A8.jpeg

6446EF28-AA84-4FB2-8F48-ECE9C23407DC.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

timkim

First Name
tae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Man they are having a rough go at it. First the figment issues and now this. Hard to beleive they have been in business quite some time and having these types of issues.

Good luck.
THANKS I kinda liked it till find this issue though. quite exhaust. it's funny that they are not sending me a replacement to swap and asking me to ship it out and drive without it. and it's not even approved to return. so they will check it out and see if it will cover by warranty after they get mine back. what if they decide not to? so i told northridge4x4 to cancel my return request and I will just live with it. i am hoping it will hold up for few more years.

Jimmysmith01

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Looking at the photos, it looks as though you scraped the edge of the muffler on something and rubbed the finish off, which would allow for the rust.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I have had many exhaust systems in current and previous cars. I learned after my first cat-back (rusted) to always get a high grade stainless steel setup.

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That stinks, but if you hit it with sand paper and break cleaner then spray it with som high temp paint I think you will be happy with how it holds up. May need to do it once a year to keep it up though.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
That's why I got the DYNOMAX TURBO--all STAINLESS STEEL(POLISHED), not that that means anything hidden under the rear jeep, but

NO RUST--!!!

W.E.

JIMBO

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
That's why I installed the DYNOMAX TURBO--100% POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL--NO RUST--

W.E.

JIMBO

StiKazzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I bought the same Magnaflow exhaust and have experienced the same exact rust buildup as pictured above. If you are considering buying an exhaust, search for something of better quality.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Timkim, as Jimmysmith mentioned, it appears you are getting some light surface rusting after the ceramic coating was scraped. This should not affect the structure or performance of your muffler, but we would be happy to take a look at it under our warranty. Your system comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects and 1-year warranty on the black coating if you change your mind and decide to proceed with the claim. If you ever have questions about what is covered by your warranty, please do not hesitate to call our customer support line at 1-800-990-0905 or shoot us a PM!
Sponsored